We are seeking an AVP level leader with the experience, capabilities, and interest for the design, implementation, and execution of an end to end QA strategy which includes Regression, Automation, Data and Performance testing for strategic initiatives and projects to be leveraged across Organization. The Head of Service Validation takes responsibility for the effective management of the Quality Engineering Department, coordinating a team of architect, business analysts, and testers and establishing E2E testing strategy/ plans & processes.
This role is accountable for managing all aspects of the Quality Assurance function including establishing enterprise-wide standards and guidelines, as well as reviewing procedures that will ensure the quality of all systems development projects initiated or maintained by the information technology management/services area. This role will work cross-functionally with development, product management, implementation and support to ensure that any quality issues with the product are addressed in a timely fashion.
This position builds the framework to defines metrics, determines the appropriate Key Performance Indicator (KPIs), and develop an overall data collection process. Manages the production, and analysis of controlreports and initiates improvement activities as needed. Manages enterprise-level relationships for global vendors providing IT testing including oversight of issue resolution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge and leadership in modern Software Quality Assurance (SQA) technology, best practices and demonstrated experience of the successful application of those practices
- Create SQA strategy and operational execution plans
- Provide recommendations to C-level decision makers regarding QA automation strategies, approaches, and tooling
- Offer technical expertise in the testing area within the organization
- Develop and leverage relationships throughout the organization, industry, and other professional organizations to improve test engineering for the organization
- Define and track the value of quality automation metrics
- Engage with the developer community to align best practices and techniques for automated unit and integration testing
- Ability to build, implement and direct End to end quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery
- Work with development, business, operations and program management teams to certify production releases by providing appropriate test coverage and identifying and mitigating associated risks
- Automate manual regression test bed for legacy software
- Oversee the testing methodology and implementation, project scheduling, scope and quality of deliverables and resource management
- Strategize and implement the latest and innovative software QA technologies and tools to enable dynamic and fast-paced implementation
- Transform traditional QA function to a progressive test automation environment
- Establish a framework to ensure all groups are using Agile methodology to advance products, capabilities, profitability, and results.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other technologists by partnering, pairing and sharing
- Monitor project/team performance through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, morale, and satisfaction
- Work with development and support teams to actively monitor production SLA’s and make recommendations to stabilize or improve performance.
- Application monitoring with tools like Microsoft App Dynamics, New Relic
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 15+ years of Software Development and QA experience; 5+ years of experience in leading global QA teams
- Passion for excellence in QA, advancing QA capabilities, Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate discussions within the team and among other business groups
- Strong knowledge and experience in Test Automation frameworks, Processes, methodologies, and implementing automation across multiple technologies
- Excellent people leader with expertise in developing high performing teams
- Architecting and performing load tests
- Must have substantial experience with tools and techniques for testing both RESTful APIs and SOAP
- Expertise in software quality best practices as well as test strategy and planning diverse types of testing Functional/GUI, Integration/API, Structural/Performance and Test Data Management
- Extensive Experience with agile development methodologies, project management, leading and mentoring quality assurance teams.
- Highly proficient in Agile practices and able to coach teams and programs at varying maturity levels
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving, negotiating, conflict management and decision-making skills
- Cloud and mobile testing experience
- Test Driven Development (TDD) mindset and experience is a plus
- Experience leading large, geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams
- Experience in agile methods such as DevOps, Agile testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Agile development, XP practices and Agile architecture
- Excellent planning, conceptual, consulting skills, analytical ability, keen judgment and management skills and the ability to interact with senior business areas, IT management staff and business partners
- Skills in translating broad strategic intent into tactical plans and directions
- Have a good understanding of metric collection for monitoring and alerting. Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic, app dynamics is a plus
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Proven ability to navigate and successfully deliver exceptional results in a highly complex and ambiguous environment