The IT Governance Manager helps to assess, report, and drive actions that improve the overall performance of IT. The role coaches Product Teams and their members on the Agile Framework and Practices to drive their maturity forward. The role ensures accurate and timely collection of key metrics and performance indicators and oversees the IT Governance Analyst which reports to this role. He / She will work with various members of IT to perform the functions of this role as required. This person understands that Governance is consultative function and not an oversight one. In addition to SDLC governance, this role will execute financial governance including, but not limited to: vendor management and resource allocations. Lastly, they will support and host steering committees and various governing bodies such as change management.
- Coaches and mentors teams on the Agile Framework, Product oriented IT, and drives maturity forward.
- Prepares materials, presentations, how to documents, reference guides, procedures, as necessary to facilitate understanding of the framework and model.
- Identifies, schedules, and completes training as necessary to achieve shared understanding.
- Reviews Product Releases, Backlogs, Sprints, and Stories to collect metrics that are used to measure and improve the performance of our agile practice.
- Participates in the refinement and execution of our IT Product maturity model. Suggests changes based on practical experience of our product teams.
- Prepares materials to support the IT Governance Committee (monthly) and IT Steering Committee (as required).
- Identifies and recommends changes to improve overall IT delivery.
- Analyzes collected data to identify what contributed to performance positively or negatively to foster a culture of continuous improvement and to drive to outcomes.
- Coordinates, projects and activities to ensure they are completed on time with limited supervision from management.
- Collaborates across teams and functions to ensure that all information collected is accurate and objective.
- Provides timely and regular feedback to their employee(s)
- Deep understanding of IT SDLC process, software deployments, change boards, and IT Operations
- Collects metrics and key performance indicators from various stakeholders within IT, validates the data, and prepares materials for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Prior experience assessing the performance of IT Service Delivery including collecting and refining metrics
- Experience with budgeting, reading financial documents, and understanding allocation process is a plus
- Experience with vendor management and contract negotiations is a plus
- Exceptional presentation creation and delivery skills
- May manage IT Governance Analysts to ensure that metrics and key performance indicators are collected timely, accurate, and from various stakeholders.
- Prior experience in Agile Methodology and Product Oriented IT Framework
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, as well as ability to plan and execute activities with limited direction.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organization skills
- Must work with a sense of urgency and adapt easily to change
- Strong collaboration and team work skills.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within the organization.
- Strong experience presenting and mentoring others to improve performance and consistency
- Strong command of the MS Office Suite
- Ability to oversee and guide technical IT Governance initiatives
- High EQ
- Prior experience managing/leading others
- Prior experience in IT Governance
- Experience with tools to track Issues/Stories (Jira, Team Foundation Server, )
- Experience with reporting and analytic tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- Experience with tools used to create strategic roadmaps (Roadmunk)
- Ability to understand relational databases and write SQL queries
Education & Experience:
Required knowledge and skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelors degree in business or computer science or related field plus 6-8 years of related experience.