The Data & Analytics team is organized around world-class data, advanced data science and automation to drive business value for the K-C organization. We are a group of curious people and critical thinkers focused on solving the problems of the day and opportunities of the future through applied intelligence and data science. The Functional Engineer will partner with business leaders to create and implement technical & business process solutions enabling frictionless digital analytics. This role is viewed as an expert in complex analytical reporting solutions and digital analytics platforms, encompassing both business process understanding and technical expertise.
Role will report to a Senior Manager in the Data & Analytics organization. Role will not have any direct reports.
Key Interfaces: Business Partners, Business Customers, Functional Engineers, Solution Engineers, Enterprise Data Management teams, Analytics Designers, Project Managers, Enterprise Architects.
External Interfaces: Consultants, Vendors, Managed Services Providers (onshore/offshore). Travel may include approximately 10% of work time.
- Understand business priorities (product and services), business operations, culture and policies. Translate the strategic direction and business objectives established by customers into holistic digital, technology, change management and organization strategies for analytics adoption.
- Drive a rigorous approach leveraging data science including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to solve problems in the context of growing Kimberly Clark brands, increasing sales, and enabling operational excellence. Performs leading-edge work and develops new approaches/solutions to answer business questions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish requirements for the implementation of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Functional leader of large and extra-large projects for one or more business capabilities (eCommerce, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.). Leads and delivers the analysis, design, configuration, customization, testing, deployment and support for analytical solutions within a specified business capability area and in some cases across capability areas.
- Maintain detailed understanding of Kimberly-Clark business processes for capability area including global standards and regional variations.
- Diagnose business processes or organizational problems, and leverage analytics to determine how customers can seize new opportunities.
- Guide external vendor partners on the review and resolution of operations and break fix incidents.
- Influence and move the K-C culture to one that values and uses cross-business and functional data and analytics to power business performance.
- Act as a technical and business thought leader in the IT organization responsible for coordinating the optimal delivery of IT tools and systems to enable new business capabilities, growth, and technology stewardship.
- The role collaborates with IT application Functional Engineers and business/functional subject matter experts as well as Solution Engineers, Enterprise Architects and Analytics Designers. Demonstrates functional leadership in design, development and testing of complex analytical reporting solutions. Will provide work direction/general guidance to other team members as a functional leader.
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- B.A or B.S. - Advanced degreepreferred; 7-10 years of professional experience with a minimum of 5 years of Information Technologyexperience.
- Broad range of business and IT experiences; has achieved technical and/or business certification(s).
- Ability to operate in a digital workplace utilizing modern technologies to connect, collaborate, communicate and co-operate across a global organization and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organization including suppliers, partners and customers.
- Experience leading IT projects and/or programs with strong SDLC experience including Agile/Waterfall methodologies. Exposure to Agile fundamentals and able to lead key ceremonies. Act as Scrum Master or Product Owner for a team, following all standard work practices.
- Basic knowledge of API-based design for business applications and can differentiate between scenarios where API-based design is appropriate, and those for which it is not.
- Experience with outcome-based metrics, deploying/driving execution via performance measurement, and benchmarking.
- Experience with SAP software solutions (HANA Enterprise, ECC, BW, BI), Tableau and Hadoop desired.
- Functional knowledge in key CPG capabilities (Sales, eCommerce, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.).
- High level of communication is required. Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined and have strong time management skills. Embraces learning agility to keep abreast of new technologies and strategies.
- Strong leadership, mentorship and service delivery skills. Experience cultivating networks within the organization.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory.