At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position will be part of the Application Portfolio Optimization organization within IT for IT under Enterprise Business Technology (EBT) and will be involved in analyzing all aspects (capability, service, cost, and asset lifecycle) of the application portfolio and providing options for optimization.
The IT for IT Application Portfolio Optimization team manages the overall portfolio of applications that Enterprise Information Technology teams utilize to manage the business of Information Technology. IT for IT consists of a portfolio of applications that align with enterprise EIT capabilities and services (IT Data Services / Planning, Design, and Application Lifecycle / Planning, Design, and Application Lifecycle).
The candidate will be responsible for the overall optimization/rationalization of the IT for IT portfolio. They will be accountable for evaluating the current state portfolio and identify opportunities for cost reduction, simplification, and risk reduction. The role will require the ability to evaluate a diverse set of applications across technical, functional, and financial criteria to develop an optimization strategy. This candidate will develop the overall strategy and make recommendations to the leadership team.
Responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are larger in scope and complexity. Examples might include, but are not limited to: finance / operational / executive management review coordination, process improvement and redesign, change management initiatives. Provides leadership to other consultants and analysts in the integration/implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross-functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives. Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations. May manage a small team.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 5+ years of relationship management experience with business and technology partners
- 5+ years of experience with analytical methods used in statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- 4+ years of experience building and managing IT Service Management service portfolios or catalogs
- 4 + years of experience creating and implementing strategic plans and roadmaps at the executive level for enterprise wide business initiatives
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of application lifecycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology business systems analysis
- Ability to manage software vendors and vendor resources toward delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of applications technology management role including managing applications development and support for multiple systems and business functions
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Financial industry experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- A Master's degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to coordinate with technology delivery teams multiple areas, including business partners, technology infrastructure, source systems, development teams, information security, and risk
- Proven ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in unclear situations
- Large scale consulting experience with application portfolio optimization/streamlining application portfolios.
- Strong analysis skills with ability to identify, compile, and combine IT related metrics (Finance, Application technology attributes, Risk, System capabilities and services, Application functionality, Business process alignment)
- Ability to derive and report on application and portfolio Total Cost of Ownership
- Experience with identifying and analysis of application utilization metrics
- Ability to work with a cross functional teams across the enterprise
- Ability to work additional hours as needed