IT Event / Incident Analyst
??We are looking for IT Event/Incident Analyst for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: IT Event/Incident Analyst
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- As part of the team, the IT Event Monitoring Analyst will provide support for a number of internal infrastructure and applications.
- This role is to provide first line detection and escalation of production monitoring events by performing analysis of user functions, processes, and activities to improve infrastructure, business and student systems and applications.
- Under general supervision monitors all computing equipment relative to infrastructure and application processing and provides alerts identifying events that have potential impacts to the production environment.
- This role will also serve as liaison to provide event situation management including escalation, coordination, tracking and reporting by interacting with Incident Management and Service Desk teams.
Scope of Work/Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze quantity and quality control procedures and ensures compliance to timely processing
- Monitors health of all system and application consoles in real time
- Maintains comprehensive, timely, and accurate utilization and root-cause-analysis logs
- Monitors simple and complex applications, batch processing streams, servers and systems
- Reviews data stream for messages requiring attention
- Escalates to third level support with incidents, as needed
- Assist during maintenance activities and new installations
- Researches and reviews processing logs for job errors and case research
- Generate status reports, problem reports, system logs and system reporting data or other documentation as may be required
- Documents processes and procedures
- Provide support for projects (as needed) that may be running
- Follow established processes and procedures. Report to IT any suggestions that will improve process or make support easier or more efficient.
- Maintain exceptional customer service posture at ALL TIMES.
- Otherresponsibilities as deemed necessary to support the technical infrastructure
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years' work experience (minimum) - 4+ years preferred:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills needed to create instructions, respond to inquiries, and relay instructions to others
- Familiar with broad technical areas which might include: networking, servers/virtualization/storage, Linux/Unix, Windows, information security
- Ability to partner with application owners and prioritize monitoring requests
- Working knowledge of enterprise hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals
- General knowledge of business continuity dependencies and recovery procedures for operating systems and application backups and restores
- General system maintenance and troubleshooting skills, including software and hardware upgrades, networking, installations, patches, scans, updates, backups, wiring, virus protection and error resolution
- Must demonstrate flexibility and teamwork
- Possess and demonstrates strong customer service skulls; including conflict resolutions and customer interactive listening skills
- Must be self-directed, detailed oriented, organized and have excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of best practice security standards and techniques
- Must have clean criminal record with the ability to pass finger-print background check