EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for an IT Enterprise Monitoring and Automation Engineer. This position will could be located at either our office in Germantown, MD or Inverness, CO.
- Selection, integration, automation and operational support of monitoring systems and services that enables IT to provide critical business application and infrastructure services to the EchoStar corporation.
- Critical Incident Management and communication
- Collaborates and coordinates with all IT infrastructure and application groups to ensure all critical infrastructure components are monitored for availability, performance and capacity, using available tools and techniques.
- Ensures all incidents are addressed in a timely manner, using sophisticated notification and escalation system and process.
- Responsible for deploying and enhancing system monitoring solutions that will improve the performance and reliability of the EchoStar managed Infrastructure.
- Develop key business dashboards based on monitoring data.
- Ensure the configuration and accuracy of the monitoring systems for the existing infrastructure (physical servers, virtual machines, network and hardware).
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to deliver monitoring and proactive alerting as part of our standard service delivery.
- Implement proactive health checks and internal audits to ensure comprehensive and reliable monitoring coverage.
- Must be capable of obtaining and holding a U.S. government security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge of monitoring technologies best practices
- 5+ years of experience with Micro Focus Operations Bridge and associated tools (NNMi, APM/BPM, SiteScope, Operations Agents, OBR)
- 5+ years of experience working and integrating Splunk, xMatters, Riverbed Steel Central – UCExpert, StreamWeaver, VMWare – vROps management tools, and Cherwell and or ServiceNow suite of tools.
- Work with members of the infrastructure and development teams to gather requirements and design solutions to meet monitoring needs of new and existing products and services.
- Ability to learn quickly and incorporate new knowledge in the rapidly evolving landscape
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-site organization
- Experience with and of the following: Red Hat Linux, Windows ,SNMP, Synthetic Transactions, Splunk scripting and analytics or Python and similar scripting languages
- Certifications in one or more related technologies is preferred.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
Annual Salary: $90,500.00 - $120,000.00EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law