Our Client is on a journey to drive unprecedented value through a data-driven culture. We are seeking an IT Leader who is a lifetime student, passionate about the use of technology to achieve business goals. The selected candidate would provide strategy, direction and subject matter expertise for data services and is a key partner to senior business and IT leadership. The role is also responsible for the teams that plan, design, implement and manage the end to end functions including data architecture, data hub/lake architecture and implementation, integration development, data services design, development, BI development and self-service analytics enablement.
Scope of Responsibilities / Expectations
● Plan and build a next generation enterprise data and integration platform anchored by AWS Redshift.
● Strive for data quality and easy to use data models that make business sense and drive the transformation of reporting and analytics.
● Enable reporting self-service by creating a well-documented, communicated and easy to use data solution.
● Set the architectural standards for the enterprise data hub (EDH) to ensure it is scalable to a single datawarehouse for the company, no redundancy or gaps in the data model
● Ensure that the enterprise data hub is being built per the architectural standards.
● Ensure the data pulled from the source systems gets ingested per the architectural standards.
● Ensure the enterprise data hub and Tableau (standard data visualization tool) work coherently.
● Demonstrate cross-functional team leadership working across a large and matrixed environment, including IT staff members, development partners, consultants, and business
● Hold the short and long term vision for how enterprise data will be consumed and extended.
● Experience with ETL methods using a script-based approach.
● Understanding of data management practices such as data integration, master data management, metadata management, data quality management, security/privacy
● Expertise with Data Management, Data Warehousing, and Analytics, including extensive implementation experiences using Amazon Redshift and the AWS ecosystem
● Willingness and ability to get hands on code, model, develop, write SQL
● Experience in agile-based development and information lifecycle.
● ITIL and Enterprise Change Management background
● Technical project management background
● Drive to stay current on skills and technology in the data space
● Knowledge of common data and database pitfalls and how to avoid them.
● Bachelor's degree in relevant Business, Technology, or Engineering specialty
● 10+ years of experience in the IT profession with 3+ years experience in architecture and implementation of an enterprise datawarehouse.
● Proven expertise with Data Management, Data Warehousing, and Analytics, including extensive implementation experiences using Amazon Redshift and the AWS Ecosystem
● Deep experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modeling for large databases