Description: This individual contributor is primarily responsible for providing technical advice on IT infrastructure, developing infrastructure solutions, and leading implementation and maintenance of assigned infrastructure systems.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Develops or modifies solutions by identifying technical solutions to business problems.
- Collaborates with various IT Teams (e.g., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation.
- Translates business requirements, and functional and non-functional requirements, into technical specifications that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems, with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate, by collaborating withBusiness Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Reviews and makes changes to technical specifications and documentation.
- Provides some consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture for assigned systems.
- Assists in providing recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for systems designs.
- Adheres to company architecture standards when developing system designs.
- Facilitates the maintenance and implementation of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services.
- Evaluates new service options, identifies issues and impacts, and informs recommendations on feasibility and ROI.
- Evaluates existing systems to make recommendations on resources required to maintain service levels.
- Serves as a liaison with business partners, Solutions, and enterprise architects to help define and understand target strategies.
- Serves as a liaison with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable designs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum three (3) years experience in an IT operations environment with technical experience in distributed technologies , systems development, and/or networking. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Two (2) years experience working in a large matrixed organization.