The candidate will support Walgreens enterprise BIND DNS, DHCP and IPAM systems. This position will work closely with engineering resources to ensure BIND DNS, DHCP and IPAM operations and designs meet target state and implementations are completed successfully with no adverse impact to the end user/application communities. The candidate must ensure that implemented solutions remain aligned to meet critical business applications and services at all times. Candidate will support infrastructure performing all incident, problem and change activities for the enterprise DNS, DHCP and IPAM systems. Responsible for off hour support if needed. Participate in the identification, development and implementation of industry standards and security best practices. Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc.). Performs and implements activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Work is received in short term assignments that require application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the Technology engineering work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Participating in improvement and monitoring of deployment operations on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Participating in evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Participating in development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of standard and advanced features.
- Participating in development of processes and interface requirements.
- Participating in data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes.
- Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate elimination of problems / roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High school / GED and at least 4 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technologyinfrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- 3+ years of experience administering DNS system.
- 1+ years of experience with Infoblox DNS system.
- 2+ years of experience with Unix or at least 2 years of experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with administering, troubleshooting, configuring and implementation of DNS, DHCP and IPAM devices.
- Experience in Enterprise IP address and DNS management tools.
- Knowledge of IP-based networks for the purpose of implementation, operations and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols, including EIGRP, RIPv2, and BGP.
- Experience with load balancing technologies, such as F5 and/or Cisco.
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.