Provides monitoring, proactive maintenance and support to all operations control center (OCC) systems and hardware to guarantee systems are stable and up and running at all times. Escalate issues to senior engineers or third party technical support to minimize system downtime. Keeps appropriate logging of issues and reports system health status on a timely basis. Systems include but are not limited to: sabre, acars, flight explorer, digital library, airbus, flica, airnav, weather, web-based portals, etc. hardware includes: workstations, monitors, printers, scanners and other Enterprise equipment. Strong technical knowledge, experience in endpoint and servertechnologies, windows system administration, and monitoring tools. Airline systems knowledge preferred. Adheres and follows established processes. Must be flexible to work on issues until they are successfully resolved. Works on a rotating shift schedule.
- Actively monitors OCC systems and conducts health checks.
- Proactively provides maintenance to OCC systems (storage, performance, files, network peaks, etc.) to avoid system failure.
- Provides system support to OCC end users.
- Provides support to OCC end users for Hardware, software and local area networks issues.
- Escalate issues to senior engineers and/or third party tech support to minimize system downtime. Keeps appropriate logging of issues and reports system health status on a timely basis.
- Setup OCC users and is responsible for moves, add and changes within the OCC.
- Trains and ensures OCC end users on the proper usage of the OCC systems and established IT procedures.
- Assists the IT End User technology group with workstation imaging and resolution of tickets when idle.
- Producing updates and reports on all issues and activities to management.
- Providing business support / technical assistance to the OCC team members.
- Configuring, installing, supporting, troubleshooting and repairing client workstations, printers, mobile devices, audio, video and office equipment.
- 3+ years Information Systems experience and endpoint support both local and remote.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and able to diagnose issues efficiently and accurately.
- Significant Microsoft Windows Operating System/Office applications and related applications experience.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, with additional hours when necessary, to support IT projects operations impacting issues.
- Windows Systems administration certification or equivalent experience.
- Network administration certification or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in implementing and supporting end-point technologies in a fast-paced distributed computing environment.
- Strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills.