- IT Network Segmentation and Authorization Project
- The project manager will plan and lead the IT Network Segmentation and Authorization project in support of Enterprise IT organization.
- This project will focus on defining and implementing networksecurity segmentation across ’s network / data center, consisting of:
- Network Segmentation
- Separation of access layer from data center layer
- Separation within data center layer
- Network Authorization
- Corporate owned assets
- Guest devices
- This project will also include the design and implementation of a new infrastructure solution to enforce device and user authorization, which will be integrated into the existing security systems architecture.
- As this project will impact users across the enterprise, strong communication skills and familiarity with organizational change management are required.
- Responsible for the successful planning and execution of the project for within the EPMO Project Portfolio. This involves all facets of project leadership and delivery, including: planning, delivery (process, risk and change management), relationship management, team leadership, and governance compliance.
- Partner with business sponsors/key stakeholders to confirm project success criteria, leverage resources, manage change and mitigate/ manage project risk throughout project life cycle.
- Drive the project to meet those success criteria.
Project Planning and Delivery (Process, Risk and Change Management)
- Lead all aspects of the project life cycle, working with team members, project sponsor/key stakeholders and Portfolio Manager to oversee all phases of project completion
- Ensure project scope/plan maximizes financial returns (i.e., business benefits realized, costs less than benefits)
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities and requirements throughout the project lifecycle – project sponsor status, standard and customized reporting, data management, logistics, etc.
- Assess, monitor and mitigate/resolve priority project risks as they are encountered (i.e., execution risk, business risk, technology risk and people risk)
- Develop and implement communication plans and mechanisms to actively engage all stakeholders (those leading and impacted by project results)
- Confirm and meet project sponsor/key stakeholder expectations to maintain buy-in/engagement throughout project life cycle – communication, problem solving, status, etc.
- Balance role of expert and consultant effectively to engage project sponsor/key stakeholder and maintain/build buy-in
- Partner with Portfolio Manager to on-board to assigned project– confirm detailed work plan, roles and EPMO requirements for project
Professional and Team Development
- Build and sustain positive relationships across BU, project and EPMO teams, reinforcing a positive environment of collaboration and respect
- Hold self and others accountable for commitments and quality contributions
- Capitalize on talents, passions and experience of self/others
- Coach and foster growth in others informally within project teams
- Serve as a dedicated performance coach for designated project manager
- Empower others to take calculated risks and execute responsibilities
- Reinforce and create opportunities to facilitate ongoing learning, leverage and agility
Business Relationship Management
- Maintain highest standards of customer service and business professionalism
- Build and sustain strategic alliances and relationships throughout organization – Enterprise, BU, project and EPMO colleagues and leaders
- Act with integrity – treat others with respect, follow through on commitments, own mistakes and earn trust as a leader
- Value customer relationships and strives to deliver high quality service that exceeds expectations
- Utilize position and influential powers to engage others in support of project and EPMO success
- Champion EPMO standards, methodology and governance through compliance and the development of capabilities in others (formal and informal coaching and learning forums)
- Participate on EPMO Project Management Community of Excellence team to facilitate the advancement of EPMO PM methodology, standards, governance and reporting requirements for the Enterprise
- Identify and pursue opportunities for improvement and innovation, embracing change that is required
- Ensure that the education & experience match the job the employee is going to be performing. For example, an entry level position will not require a Master’s Degree. Include all knowledge, skills and abilities required for the role.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8-10 years of related experience
- Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing, and executing complex and large scale enterprise based programs/projects
- Strong project management background, PMP Certification, a plus
- Strong leadership competence, with proven skills in managing change, critical thinking/reasoning
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence
- Proven communication skills; both written and verbal with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Demonstrated success in an established Change Management Methodology
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient with SharePoint and MS Project, including Project Server and Project Web Access (PWA) work plan management
- Highly organized, goal-oriented, strong leadership and project management competence
- Executive presence, excellent communication skills at all levels (executive level to project team)
- Experience leading information security and regulatory / compliance-related projects of this type
- Strong stakeholder management and dependency management skills
- Manage within and across functional teams and organizational boundaries
- Manage across project boundaries to identify and manage cross-project dependencies
- Proven ability to lead and manage project teams to successful completion of project objectives
- Create clarity in the face of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Lead and motivate teams, instilling energy, optimism, and appropriate sense of urgency and accountability
- Generate momentum, pull a plan together and execute to the plan
- Varied IT project management experience (e.g., application, infrastructure, network, data center)
- Experience working with and managing external vendors and remote teams
- Understanding of organizational change management
- Intermediate to advanced skillset in MS Project, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint