IT Network Manager
US - OH - Warrensville Heights
Precision Castparts – PCC Metals Group
PCC Metals Group
Special Metals Corporation (SMC)
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.
Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distributionnetwork including most of the industrialized countries of the world.
Since 1950, TIMET has been leading the industry in mill and melted products, supplying nearly one-fifth of the world’s titanium demand. We are the only supplier with production facilities in both the United States and Europe to support our multinational customer base.
TIMET’s fully integrated supply chain, dedicated research facilities, and decades of experience make us the partner of choice when it comes to titanium. We convert rutile ore into sponge; melt and refine ingot and slab; manufacture mill products; and support our customers through a worldwide network of service centers and manufacturing facilities.
Our first-class customer service and reputation for the highest quality titanium products available in the industry is what makes TIMET first in titanium worldwide.
The Divisional Network Manager will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting global Divisional networking infrastructure. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, firewalls, Internet and intranet systems, WANaccelerators, and MPLS-based network segments. The Divisional Network Manager will be charged with maintaining the computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance, and insuring networksecurity and integrity per IT best practices and within corporate compliance guidelines.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, firewalls, Internet, and intranet systems across the Divisional landscape.
• Install and maintain network hardware and software.
• Analyze and isolate issues.
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
• Manage and administer MPLS routing in conjunction with other PCC WAN administrators across the corporation.
• Design, configure, and maintain wireless infrastructure across the Divisional landscape.
• Evaluate and modify system's performance.
• Identify user needs.
• Determine network/system requirements.
• Maintain the integrity and security of the Divisional network.
• Ensure network connectivity throughout the Division's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
• Design and deploy networks.
• Work as the networking lead on integrations and new acquisitions as required.
• Perform network address assignment.
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration per corporate standards.
• Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of network related services.
• Maintain firewall configurations, VPN gateways, web proxy configurations, intrusion detection systems, and other network hardware as required.
• Administer routers, switches, firewalls, wireless infrastructure, security updates and patches as required per Divisional and corporate standards.
Additional Job Duties Include;
• Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendors when appropriate.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• Upgrades network by conferring with corporate WAN Team members or vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Works closely with the Divisional Alternate Cyber Point of Contact (ACPOC) to insure network security compliance, and facilitate corporate security initiatives.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The ideal candidate will be a team player that has a track record of success in running and managing a network within an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in a multi-site, global organization with a solid understanding of routing across large distances (across continents).
Desired Skills and Experiences Include:
• Network Performance Tuning
• Knowledge of Cisco and/or Juniper Switch/Router/Firewall hardware
• Familiarity with Riverbed WAN Accelerators
• Experience with MPLS and WAN Routing Protocols
• Understanding of LAN/WAN/Firewall configuration and best practices
• Network Design and Implementation
• Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking
• Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal.
• CCNP/CCIE and or JNCIS certifications preferred.
This position will be based in Cleveland, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this $10Billion Berkshire Hathaway company employs more than 28,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 150 plants and has a presence in twenty-four states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.