As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the responsibility of the IT Network Engineer to assist in providing continued engineering and operations of the MGM Grand Detroit data, voice and video networks throughout the entire property, while performing excellent guest service. All duties are performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Statement.
- Assists in the engineering of new and existing data, voice and video networks for both general and specialized networking applications.
- Assists in integrating new technologies to enhance performance, productivity, and cost.
- Assists in planning, performing and documenting the installation and upgrades of data, voice and video network-related equipment and wiring. Coordinates with vendors to assure compatibility and compliance.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshootingnetwork problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Performs preventative maintenance as indicated by regular monitoring.
- Assists in providing full documentation for wide area networks (WAN) and local area networks (LAN) including drawings, inventories, specifications, and configurations.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting for LAN segments, network data servers (hardware, operating systems, and application software), and voice networks.
- Interacts with the Corporate Network Team for WAN services.
- Configure, install and operate various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Assists in the development of capital expenditure requests throughout the year to implement budgeted items.
- Tracks and confirms delivery for network-related purchases.
- Assists in the research of technologies as requested.
- Integrates new technology with existing technology as requested.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience. Prior work experience with hotel and/or convention services a plus.
- One year of network administration or engineering of Cisco data networking. Cisco Certification (CCNA, CCNP) preferred.
- Experience in multi-tasking of projects and project management.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of wiring standards and punching down wire on blocks preferred.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong analytical and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds at a time.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.