Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 87 days ago
Selective Insurance is looking for a highly motivated IT Application Specialist to provide business solutions and support for our Web based Commercial Line applications in our Glastonbury CT. This individual will be a key contributor to the design, development and implementation of critical projects within Selective’s commercial lines policy admin system. This individual will analyze, plan, develop, test, and document solutions and provide support as required for mid to large size maintenance and enhancement projects for our commercial lines applications. The candidate will have client/server software application development experience with Web based systems and analytical and problem solving skills. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science, Business Administration or related field preferred. A minimum of 6 years experience in software application development and maintenance required with web development experience which includes:
• Ability to effectively collaborate with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
• Passion for designing and developing modern web solutions
• Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
• Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines.
• Considerable experience developing/supporting enterprise web applications including a deep understanding of ASP.net lifecycles, SOA, RDBMS and IIS
• Strong development skills including c# and/or VB.net, MVC, client frameworks (JQuery, Knockout, etc.), SQL Server and/or Oracle, web services (WCF, JSON, REST, Web API).
• Execute systems test plans to ensure fail safe integration of a project into a production environment
• Strong foundation in System Development Lifecycle principles.
• Property Casualty insurance experience preferred, but not required.
• College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science, Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Five to seven years of programmer/analyst experience.
• Detail oriented and highly motivated.
Job ID 5919