As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Director of IT professionals, either multiple units of same-function professionals, team/teams of specialized IT professionals in complex IT Application Support and Maintenance. Supervises individual contributors. Directly responsible for keeping applications up and running with minimal downtime.
· Staff and supervise IT teams and/or service units with specialists to ensure results meet negotiated business expectations and adhere to internal IT standards, methodologies, and strategies.
· Direct Monitoring of application health in Production and Non-Production regions and keep the applications up and running 24/7.
· Manage troubleshooting production issues/problems and help provide a fix.
· Manage matrix related to Application Maintenance, Performance, Upkeep, Defect Ratio and many other statistical definitions to support and analyze trends at enterprise and application levels.
· Lead performance improvement efforts for applications based on a solid understanding of the infrastructure, technical concepts, methods, and practices applied by reporting staff.
· Collaborates with business, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify customer requirements, assess impacts to other data, systems, products or services, compare costs and benefits, consider availabletechnologies and processes and recommends solutions.
· Monitor and report to IT management and user/customer management on the status of multiple, applications and suites of applications.
· Collaborate with Application Development teams to plan out application hand over, planning resourcing and participation in Design and Technology upgrades to applications.
· Develops and manages business plan(s) and budget(s) for functional area; identifies resource needs and develops supporting justifications for them; responsible for the overall success unit managed.
· Responsible for representing Voya to suppliers, vendors and customers.
· Oversee monitoring processes shared by our vendors and internal teams to ensure a comprehensive maintenance processes and supporting reporting for KPIs
· Review and own standard operating best practices and procedures with business and vendors
· Manage application support and facilitate communication across teams to ensure satisfaction in troubleshooting and issue resolution as per defined ITSM procedures
· Management and adherence of Continuous Improvement initiative, Service Level Agreements, Change Management and Incident Management
· Manage all maintenance processes and ensure compliance to security standards
· Monitor reliability and availability of business applications as per defined and agreed SLAs
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field; Master's Degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
· Ten years of progressively responsible experience in IT.
· Demonstrated success in production support, manage different matrices, and execution with involvement in multiple major applications areas or a sustained record of success upkeep of complex IT application topography.
· Good working knowledge of Java/J2EE/COBOL/.NET and Scripting technologies as well as good understanding database technologies on DB2/Oracle/Sybase/Hadoop.
· Experience with Financial Applications in the areas of Retirement Services, Fund Operations, Plan Administration, Broker/Dealer and related areas, is preferred.
· This position requires a Series 99 license or commitment to get licensed within 120 days of hire date.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture: