To meet the growing expectations of the business, this role is responsible for defining and driving a proper application strategy, streamlining the processes and implementing them in our ERP systems. These applications are currently based upon multiple SAP ECC & S4/Hana applications but also include proprietary/ custom applications outside SAP and an external quality system.
This application strategy should result in a roadmap for the Avantor application landscape which is capable to support new business requirements and additional acquired organizational units.
In addition, this role is responsible for partnering with business stakeholders to drive improvements.
Participation in several (international) taskforces and global/local projects is a key component of the role.
Given the scope of the organization some applications are subject to ITAR, GMP and/or Pharma related regulations.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Be a trusted partner for our business stakeholders
- Set goals and strategies for critical technologies and initiatives
- Managing a global IT team responsible for the various sub-areas. Prioritize the work for the team
- Develop , design and implement new processes on existing 3rd party applications and custom software development
- Drive Continuous improvement of existing processes
- Build and maintain relationships within the Enterprise Services department
- Participate in and lead (global/local ) projects
- Help driving our company through the S4/HANA journey and execute our application service roadmap accordingly
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Requires 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in IT ERP application systems
- Minimum of 5 life-cycle implementations of SAP, preferably in an international environment
- SAP ECC6.0 (10+ years’ ) and S4/HANA experience (3-5 years’) is required
- Experience in developing the strategy and executing a SAP transformation program from ECC to S4
- Knowledge of other related applications (SAP/GTS, LIMS system, label requirements and compliant shipment documentation, dangerous goods handling)
- Minimum 5 years progressive leadership experience in IT or similar environment
- Experience leading IT professionals required
- SAP Certifications and/or courses work a plus
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement
- Experience of validated systems and audits is certainly preferred
- Warehouse and Inventory Management expertise is not a must but preferred
- Must be a US person (1) located on US soil (ITAR)