We're currently in search of an experienced hands-on IT Director to be responsible for developing a long-range plan for the department and a key contributor in the strategic planning for IT Operations function. The Director Translates strategic goals and priorities into technical strategies and objectives for his/her department, but, not limited to the following:
- Frequently interfaces with executives inside and outside the company to make operational and project-related decisions, to resolve critical issues, to gather industry and competitive information and to foster a productive professional network.
- Develops and administers department budget with input from workgroup managers
- Introduces best practices and ensures the timeliness and quality of his/her department's delivery of products and services.
- Authorizes projects, approves project designs and cost estimates. Reports projects' status and critical issues to IT senior management.
- Direct, lead and participate in analysis, design, development and documentation efforts for laboratory information systems using lean Agile best practices.
- Facilitate implementation of the software architecture standards for the entire Laboratory Systems organization.
- Collaborate with senior leadership in Corporate Ops and IT teams to design and deliver high-performance software services and applications.
- Learn business and technical aspects of existing applications.
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Implement application monitoring strategies to measure success.
- Attract, select, and retain a talented team.
- Promote sharing of domain expertise and knowledge across the team.
- Mentor employees in analysis, design, development, and testing skills.
- Oversee training new and existing staff and fosters teamwork to help them meet and/or exceed performance goals. Promotes employee growth and involvement.
- Provide on-callsupport for production systems where necessary.
- Works on a diverse range of critical and complex problems of significant scope, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, an in-depth understanding of current business and technological trends, organizational objectives and political dynamics.
- Exercises judgment as a seasoned professional and manager with a full understanding of industry best practices and established policies and procedures. Makes decisions that require integrating knowledge of best practices, competitors, product lines, business cycle, product development and financial information.
- Authorizes changes in departmental processes and procedures
License/Certification/Education: Normally B.S. Degreerequired w/7-10years ofexperience.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Successful track record designing, developing and executing critical complex projects in more than one area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the senior management level across functional groups and business units. Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationship.
- Ability to communicate function vision and establish aligned direction and goals for his/her department.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of healthcare experience OR 15+ years of healthcare experiencerequired with a broad understanding of the clinical laboratory environment.
- 5+ years of leadership experience and experience coordinating cross-functional teams
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful as well as SOAP service architectures.
- Advanced use of relational databases such as DB2, Oracle 11G, or MS SQL Server.
- Advanced use of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and various Hadoop stacks.
- Experience in cloud technologies including Kubernetes, containers, and micro-service architecture principals.
- 15+ years of experience in common EDI protocols including HL7 2.X / V3, FHIR, ASTM, and X12.
- Candidate must flourish in a fast-paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills (oral, written, and presentation) are critical to success among this company of talented individuals.
- Strong proficiency and experience in developing/managing large projects.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate the ability to be focused and results-oriented.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
Job ID 19-75005