Consultis, a premier Technical Recruiting Services Company with the single focus of pairing the right candidate with the right employment opportunity is currently searching for an IT Director Consultant for a Direct Hire opportunity (FTE) with our Detroit, Michigan based client.
This is a key role with two primary roles: Business Development and Service Delivery. This resource will have business development and client relationship management responsibilities of a growing firm. Additionally, you will consult, lead projects and advise clients on a variety of IT matters, including ERP System selection, ERP migrations, Project Management, IT system management, IT strategy, managed services and general IT issue resolutions.
The ideal candidate should have a hands-on style and capability, yet be comfortable working with senior management and executives, and have prior consulting experience.
- Identify and follow up on new business leads and requests for proposals
- Manage the proposal process from preparation to client submission
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships
- Manage complex system implementation and migration projects, including ERP and specialized software applications
- Manage vendor evaluation and selection process for software and services
- Lead or assist clients with setting up and managing service contracts, e.g., hosting services and system integration contracts and service agreements
- On an interim basis, lead an IT organization, e.g., Application Support or Production Support
- In the case of a troubled project, develop a turnaround strategy and work plan and then lead a project team to execute the plan
- Communicate with executive sponsors and stakeholders to manage expectations and resolve issues
Required Qualification or Skills:
- Experience at one of the Big 4 Accounting Firms is highly desired.
- Deep knowledge of ERP systems and core business processes
- Experience with implementing and supporting Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle EBS/JD Edwards, SAP, or other leading ERP systems
- Demonstrated experience managing system integration projects
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle methodologies
- General understanding of networkarchitectures (LAN/WAN)
- General understanding of server management, including virtualization, SAN, high availability designs, etc.
- Knowledgeable with IT business processes, e.g., Help Desk, Incident Management, ticket tracking, performance measurements
- Prior experience managing IT budgets (OpEx and CapEx) preferred
- Good oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (Windows, SQL, Office, Tools)
- Outgoing, friendly and professional demeanor
- Very detail orientated and organized
- Willingness to travel as needed
- BS Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, or related discipline
- MBA or MSpreferred
- 10+ years of ERP implementation and supportexperience, with most coming from a consulting role
- 10+ years’ experience in business process design, analysis, and improvement
- 5+ years’ experience managing large and complex IT projects
- Prior demonstrated experience with mergers, acquisitions, carve outs or spin offs preferred
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: