Requisition ID: 12066
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- The Director of IT is responsible for leading the Informational Technology function and ensuring the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- The Director of IT will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
- The Director of IT will work closely with decision makers and recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective and value-added technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Lead the IT department’s strategic and operational planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources. Collaborate with executives and department heads to develop and execute a long-range corporate IT roadmap. Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the organization’s infrastructure and applications
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of the company’s infrastructure including hardware, software, the telephone system, and overseeing IT inventory
- Oversee the deployment, supervision and development of a team of local and remote technology professionals.
- Enhance system capacity by identifying opportunities to strengthen systems and programs, developing and implementing plans to avert down-time, and monitoring for continuous quality improvement.
- Optimize technological performance through performance audits, system analysis, and providing solutions for groups impacted.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review. Develop a business case justification and cost/benefit analysis for IT spending and initiatives.
- Oversee IT related vendor relations, negotiations, and contractual arrangements to ensure they are properly managed.
- Oversight of proprietary databases containing sensitive data
- Ensure the safety and integrity of corporate data by, among other, designing and implementing a cybersecurity program.
- Ensure IT policies and procedures are accurate, current, and adhered to. Responsible for producing, modifying, and implementing protocols impacting IT.
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilitiesrequired to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 17025:2017
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in Information Technology roles, including 8+ years current leadership experience managing and administering a major IT operation.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal</span&