One of our clients, a reputable Healthcare facility located in Albemarle, NC is seeking to hire an IT Director for a perm direct hire position. Our client is offering competitive salaries, excellent benefits and an excellent working environment. If you are looking for a position with a firm that values its employees, pleaseapply now.
Please note: Our client is looking for experience with Healthcare.
Relocation assistance will be provided to out of area candidates.
This role is a perm full time direct hire position and is not open to third party vendors.
The Director of Information Systems manages the daily operations of the business applications, including EMR, HR and financials to ensure they align with the business objectives of the organization. The Director of Information Systems will work closely with decision makers in other departments, as well as other organizations, in planning and implementing enterprise level applications for all areas of CLIENT business units.
Job Function :
1. Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for information system applications. Work with cross functional teams and the IS governance committee to develop and design data integration between all enterprise software systems.
2. Manage Information Systems staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
3. Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to IS governance committee, executive team, department heads, support staff, and end users, when applicable. Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define system requirements and desired functionality of each system. Evaluate systems as they relate to the business needs of new service lines and develops customizations or new functionality to fit new department's needs.
4. Where necessary, and in conjunction with the IS governance committee, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
5. Develop and review budgets and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives. Review performance of IS applications to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IS spending and initiatives.
6. Develop bid requirements, in conjunction with CIO when applicable, for all hardware and software upgrades, review submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements and makes the appropriate award. Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements as it relates to Information System applications.
7. Develop and implement all Information System application policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision and ensure that all information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements, including HIPAA and other State and Federal regulations.
8. Provide support to IT Team as needed for escalation of more advanced problems. Assist system end users with technical issues experienced and provide basic functionality guidance regarding software operations.
9. Manage system issues and outages.
10. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for modified and new processes.
11. Work with employees, both IT and non-IT, to develop solutions and ideas to best suit the needs of users, to best complete their jobs in an efficient manner.
12. Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications ? verbally or through written documentation ? to management and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
13. Proactively seek methods to improve performance of agency software systems and provide reports to management recommendations and alternatives for such improvements.
14. Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
15. Formulate and deploy new ways to help employees, people we support and the organization profit from how data is used while focusing on managing budgets and processes to eliminate or reduce costs.
16. Attend and actively participate in meetings and training as required. Maintain certification in all agency, state and federal training requirements.
17. Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures, as well as state and federal statutes and regulations related to specific program areas.
1. Bachelor?s degree in the field of computer science or information systems required including information management frameworks, organization of information resources, design methods for interaction systems, and principles of data systems. (Bachelor?s degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field and 5years of previous related IT experiencerequired. )
2. Five years of computer science or information systems work experience.
3. Substantial exposure to enterprise software applications and outsourced systems.
4. Five years?experience managing or directing an IS Applications operation with proven IS Application strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
5. Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.