Be a part of a high energy, fast paced, and IT service team. Enjoy learning different technologies, exploring your creative abilities to solve problems, and implementing new ideas. Expand your mind in a progressive technology oriented workspace.
The IT DevOps Specialist will be part of a team to support, maintain and improve SOPs, processes, tools, and computing environments deployed within Barkley and used by IT DevOps team. The IT DevOps Specialist troubleshoots, repairs issues and assistsother DevOps team efforts. The IT DevOps Specialist will operate in the cloud platform systems including, but are not limited to, hosting data centers,network, operating systems, product development, applications servers, and cloud virtualization. This position is the primary on-site resource for managing all local IT andtelecommunications systems.
- Install, configure, and manage physical and virtual desktop machines and associated data center environments
- Design, configure and implement physical desktop networkinfrastructures
- Help DevOps team maintain and support Barkley’s private and public clouds
- Support cloud desktops and environments with installation, configuration, patching, network and VLAN configuration, backups, system monitoring and alerts
- Configure and implement IT security procedures and policies
- Manage and maintain end-user hardware, servers and networking appliances
- Troubleshoot employee technical issues
- Apply software and firmware patches and upgrades to core systems on a regular and timely basis while matching our software products’ supported version compatibility
- Assist DevOps team to manage licensing, warranties, and inventory of IT and telecommunications equipment
- Maintain or improve current network backup strategy and system auditing
- Document all procedures and protocols necessary to manage the network
- Respond as the first point of contact to any system outages and route issues to the appropriate parties
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and collaboration skills for interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional, patient, consultative approach to issues.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Advanced critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of (and some experience with) AD, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, domain controllers, fail-over clusters, storage solutions and management.
- Knowledge of (and some experience with) IIS, SQL Server, TFS, Exchange Online Protection services, desktop firewalls, two-factor authentication methods, network load balancing.
- Understanding of cloud computing or common enterprise datacenter technologies.
- Understanding and experience of Google Apps, Office 365 and other cloud services
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (e.g. – Ethernet, TCP/IP, NFS, DHCP, DNS)
- Knowledge of datacenter security mechanisms
- Knowledge of network/server monitoring protocols and applications.
- Windows skill sets:
- Windows8, 10 workstation systems
- Networking and storage systems
- Installation and booting
- Provisioning and configuration
- Unix/Linux skill sets:
- Booting protocols and methods
- MacOS File Systems
- Availability to work occasionally on evenings or weekends, ability to be on-call
- Some travelrequired (<5%) including overnight stays
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or IT Systems or related field or equivalent industry experiencerequired
- Two or more years of experience supporting desktops and troubleshooting
- Two or more years of experience of Agile methodologies
- Experience administrator managing a Macintosh and Windows environment
- Experience managing networksecurity, or relevant security related certification(s)
- Experience of configuration control and build systems and methodologies
- Experience with managing iOS and Android devices
- Extensive experience configuring, installing, deploying, managing and supporting operating system, network, and storage management tools and applications