The Development Manager will be thoroughly involved with managing the support and implementation of all Merchandise, Warehouse Management systems and related integrations. This individual will need to ensure that all existing applications are proactively maintained to meet their SLA’s, and adhere to Hibbett processes and standards. The individual will be forward looking and able to anticipate risks and needs; able to quickly consider impact, and decide how best to utilize departmental resources in a creative, cost effective manner. This involves selecting and recommending mitigation strategies that meet business needs. It is imperative for this person to have strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills, as well as a deep understanding of a complex retail environment.
We are seeking a seasoned leader who has had hands-on experience with all aspects of Application development and Software architecture. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience – from project inception to delivery, from technical design to business analysis to release management.
- Manage a team of developers and analysts.
- Works collaboratively with IT and business partners to coordinate and prioritize work across the various areas.
- Manage the day to day activities of the team in the areas of application support and project delivery.
- Develop and apply consistent, standardized development processes that are regularly updated through lessons learned – project and support.
- Identify staffing needs, provide general direction, assign specific tasks and responsibilities, evaluate and mentor staff.
- Identify needs and allocate the appropriate resources to meet timely completion of specific project tasks.
- Continually monitor individual progress to insure meeting of specific deadlines.
- Motivate, lead and develop a team of diverse individuals with a variety of experience levels and skill sets.
- Review/approve requirements documents, technical design and specifications, and regression test plans.
- Resolve priorities and resource requirement conflicts by skillful negotiation.
- Self-manage production (day-to-day support) and project work activities.
- Assist in estimating resource allocations for new projects.
- Assist in managing the deliverables of third party labor.
- Assist in managing software vendors.
- Support organization’s change control and configuration management efforts.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the Director of Solutions Delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experienceInformation Technology, Business Management, or other applicable area of study
- 8+ years relevant technical work experience
- 3+ years of management experience, including experience leading employees and contractors (onshore and offshore)
- Relevant experience in an application development and support leadership role.
- Experience with iSeries/AS400 based applications required.
- Experience with application integration technologiesrequired.
- Experience with Merchandise Management and/or Warehouse Management Systems (e.g. JDA MMS, Manhattan PKMS) applications desired.