Frontier Communications is seeking an Application Development Lead to manage an AS400 RPG development team. The development lead will be responsible for providing technical direction and leadership to a team of AS400 RPG API Developers. The lead will be responsible for overseeing all stages of the SDLC to deliver solutions that result in using new API technologies for exposing AS400 data to otherinternal and external platforms. The ideal candidate will have a strong working background in IT Technology and be comfortable addressing and resolving complex problems. The candidate should also be able to work well with other IT Teams and drive the future direction of API’s from an architectural perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a high performance team with primary responsibility for API applications that are the core of the Contact Center, Frontier.com, LSR Order and Alternate Channel applications.
- Responsible for on time delivery of projects.
- Responsible for availability of critical Tier 1 applications.
- Provide support for Frontier’s core API applications through analysis, design, and development
- Work with management to set agenda and priorities for the application team.
- Responsible for resource allocation for all daily trouble tickets and enhancement requests. Resources will need to be allocated for analysis, design, development and unit testing.
- Evaluate applications processing and recommend enhancements to improve processing and runtimes as required by business needs.
- Partner with all IT Departments and Business Areas to implement enhancements, trouble shoot problems, develop and maintain processes and procedures.
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems, coupled with analytical and debugging skills necessary to analyze issues related to RPGLE and CLLE, ability to modify programs, write fix programs to correct data, if necessary.
- Experience with RPGIV-ILE and RPG FREE FORM, CL and CLLE, service programs and/or modules, and Embedded SQL. Familiar with iSeries OS for navigation and resolving compile issues which may be related to OS errors
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, attend and contribute to internal technical meetings, and assist in mentoring and training of other technical resources in the department.
- Interview and hires employees to meet department goals
- Conducts performance reviews and provides training and coaching for growth and development.
- Successful candidate will have high standards for service to users/customers and be team oriented. A positive thinker with a strong work ethic.
- Language/Framework: RPG (IV/ILE Free), CL, DDS, DDL, SQL, iSeries Query
- Databases: DB2/400
- Source Control: Turnover, Aldon, or equivalent for change management
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
- Toolsets (experience with one or more): Hawkeye, DBU, X-Analysis, Rational Developer
- Query AS400 Table Driven Query, SQL
- Experience with integration and ESB concepts and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or 4 years of experience
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal presentation, and organizational communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Confidence and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to motivate people and manage change.
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency in the resolution of customer, business and employee issues. Must be trustworthy and confidential.
- Experience with Java is desired.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications business processes.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle experience.