Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under direct supervision, perform the technical design, development and configuration of LabWare LIMS software, to support business requirements as documented. Supports IT leadership and senior development professionals in the analysis of effort and impact of the requirements, provides options, risks, costs, and impact on business process and goals.
- Analyzes business requirements, preparing of specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting. Implements complex requirement for multiple platforms, operating systems and applications.
- Develop and configure the LabWare LIMS software in accordance with recognized programming and organizationally mandated standards.
- Actively participate in project meetings, design and technical reviews as required
- Develop and review full documentation required including functional specifications, detailed design specifications, test plans and scripts, traceability matrices and other documentation as defined by the project plan.
- Design, development and testing of LabWare coding and configuration to meet user and functional requirements defined in the project.
- Development of prototypes for business review and signoff.
- Work withinternal/external customers, subject matter experts, other developers, business analysts and project manager to understand the needs of the project and develop solutions for it.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline plus generally 4-6years of directly related experience.
- Minimum 6years of LabWare LIMS V6 development and configuration experience.
- Minimum 4years of Crystal Reports development experience.
- Strong working technical knowledge and/or IT development experience.
- Strong working knowledge in Enterprise application or specific program language requirements of IT work.
- Knowledge of the following: Oracle DBMS, .Net, Web languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with a globally deployed LabWare LIMS system.
- Strong organizational and task/time management skills.
- Excellent team player, motivated and self-starter.