The Developer role is a valuable team member helping to support and deliver the companies technology solutions. This role is first and foremost a developer but must be able to work with our business partners and vendors to understand new requirements and operational issues. They will design, implement and integrate new applications that align to the company strategies. Supply Chain technology experience is a plus, but not required.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the development and testing of new software programs and applications
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades
- Document system design and application support documentation
- Identify and communicate system issues and presents potential resolutions to leadership
- Integrate the proper use of security, logging and monitoring into the software development
- Work with third party vendors to implement, integrate or troubleshoot issues
- Champion and ensure compliance with organizational standards, practices and methodologies
- Performs other duties as assigned
LOCATION: MODESTO, CA -OR- DUBLIN, CA
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support with minimal assistance
- Writes applications that are legible, secure, maintainable, and well tested
- Understanding and experience with databases (I,e, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, & MySQL), stored procedures, and Oracle forms.
- Hands on experience in maintaining UniKix platform, ability to develop, run and maintain MF COBOL apps in TPE (Transaction Processing Environment) & UniKix BPE (Batch Processing Environment)
- Experience working with SyncSort, File-Aid, CA-Scheduler, JCL on UniKix platform
- Experience with IBM® Sterling B2B Integrator (formerly known as GIS – Gentran Integration suite) , EDI processing, Oracle forms
- Experienced in Agile project methodology.
- Experience in developing and implementing systems interfaces, leveraging techniques such as SFTP, ESB, API integrations
- Experience working with source control in a multi-contributor environment (Git, SVN, etc.), including understanding how to effectively utilize established workflows
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization/time management skills
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentorship
- Good communication skills – written, verbal, interpersonal, and collaborative
- Experience required in a multi-discipline project and troubleshooting environment
Education: BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related experience.
Experience: 5+ years experience as a developer
Other: 10% Travel may be required
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.