The Sr IT Developer will determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. This position will document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code. The Sr IT Developer will prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming and improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
The Sr IT Developer will gather the required information from vendors, recommending purchases, testing and approving products.
The Sr IT Developer will mentor and provide direction to a team of developers as needed.
Primary Job Functions:
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Plan programming projects by confirming program objective and specifications.
- Arrange specifications by developing a logical sequence, preparing flowcharts, and researching solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Develop code specifications by converting logical sequence and workflow into program language.
- Verify coding by performing unit testing and trial runs.
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements, preparing a workflow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Meet programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements and implementing new technology.
- Prepare program specifications based on documented business requirements.
- Research and recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Prepare, and review program documentation.
- Maintain computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Enhance staff accomplishments and competence by planning the delivery of solutions, answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teaching improved processes and mentoring team members.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- May make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- May coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- May manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- May audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- May communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- May manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
·Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Engineering Required
·5 years of software development, Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Documentation of applications
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Development Suite or other applicable technology suites
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiri