The IT Application Development team at Pernod Ricard North America is responsible for the development of a wide array of line-of-business tools for internal business customers, as well as integration with 3rd party transactional systems. New enterprise-grade technologies are employed to build cutting-edge applications and integrations with strong user experiences in the Canadian, American, and Travel Retail markets.
In order of priority, this role will be responsible for:
APIs/Integrations Development: designing, coding, integration testing, and implementation of integration development projects. This role will require delivering detailed design for APIs and micro-services development within the integration space. Being able to understand large enterprise level architecture, provide design recommendations, and work with cross functional application teams to provide the best solution to meet the project needs are crucial for the role. This includes the use of ETL tools for traditional database-to-database style integrations. Data Management and Machine Learning: works with vendors/data scientists to understand machine learning algorithms, supporting the corresponding processes and subsequently build new ML solutions. Application Development and support lifecycle, including developing new applications and enhancing existing ones, performing complex problem solving and issue resolution, documenting application changes as well as issues and resolutions, partnering with IT functional leads on application enhancements and support, and providing technical collaboration with third party agencies and vendors as needed.
- Responsible for developing ETL/ELT solutions and related data integrations using cloud-based tools (E.g. Azure Data Factory)
- Responsible for working with the IT Architect, Applications to build standards for Machine Learning/AI within the application development team.
- Responsible for developing new solutions for mobile, web applications, security and API/integrations.
- Responsible for developing enhancements and break-fixes for traditional web applications, mobile applications, and reports, in both new and existing systems.
- Responsible for system support including answering incoming tickets, e-mails, and phone messages, complex problem solving, resolving data discrepancies, and documenting all issues and resolutions.
- Responsible for off-hours support as required.
- Provide technical collaboration and assistance to 3rd party agencies and vendors leading projects or providing IT services as appropriate mobile and web initiatives.
- Assist application functional leads in design sessions with business users related to application enhancement work and in preparing functional specification documents.
- Perform system testing on application enhancements and break-fixes before they are rolled out to the business for UAT.
- Assist Application Manager in evaluating capabilities of application tools and new technologies to direct proper application development strategy.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team and vendors to resolve product issues by raising service requests where required.
- Assist functional leads with application training for business users.
Key Competencies and KPIs:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in API or RESTful web service development
- 2-3 years of experience in SQL design and development in a relational database environment
- 1-2 years of experience in web application development using Java
- 1-2 years of experience in mobile (hybrid) application development
- 1 year of experience in AI/Machine learning (Python)
- Excellent problem solving and design skills as well as a strong troubleshooting background.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as ability to work independently or in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications rapidly.
- Ability to create clear and accurate documentation procedures and willingness to continually use and update documentation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodologies and some project management.
- Excellent understanding of RDBMS, and specifically Oracle PL/SQL language.
- Excellent understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Hybrid Integration Platforms or SOA/related technologies an asset.
- Strong understanding of Java software development in a web-based environment. (JSP, Servlets)
- Intermediate understanding of web technologies including but not limited to: CSS3, SASS, AJAX, XML
- Experience with Groovy/Grails/Node.js an asset.
- Experience with GIT, BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo an asset.
- Experience with MuleSoft technologies a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server, Azure Data Factory, Informatica a plus.
- Experience with Sencha/Angular/Ionic and Cordova/PhoneGap a plus.
- Experience with advanced Oracle analytic functions, large dataset query tuning and aggregation, preferably in Oracle 12c a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI a plus.
- Experience with Python and Machine Learning principles/AI technologies a plus.