Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Channels Technology Solutions (CTS) is driven by the vision to create an integrated, seamless, effortless and legendary customer and client experience for TD Bank, TD Canada Trust, MBNA/CUETS, TD Insurance, and TD Wealth Management across all channels (Online, Mobile, Phone and ATM).The CTS Online Project Team is responsible for project development and implementation services for Easyweb, Web Business Banking, Online Mortgage Renewal, Interac Online and the Unified Messaging Platform.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to embrace a broad range of tasks associated with developing application and systems solutions to address business challenges. Sitting in this position will help expand your knowledge, strengthen your expertise and introduce you to the inner workings of our business alongside a team of seasoned, diversely-skilled technology professionals.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Transform business requirements and research into winning delivery solutions that meet performance goals.
- Rigorously build and test applications.
- Perform systems administration: monitor, configure, back-up, authenticate, tune.
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Contribute to project plans, estimations and status updates.
- Identify issues, develop and maintain processes that address and resolve them, (and be sure to communicate/alert stakeholders as needed).
- Focus first and foremost on day-to-day activities.
- Help make enhancements and troubleshoot.
- Configure and develop custom components with technology partners (analysts, developers, designers etc.) to meet requirements and goals.
- Make sure applications are free of common coding vulnerabilities (and follow standard security practices).
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools).
- Complete unit and integration testing (per standards and design specs.
- Take part in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
- Respect TD’s technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines.
- Stay on top of state-of-health monitoring and monthly SLA targets.
- Apply and share technical expertise during incident management life cycle (e.g. analyzes reports and outages, perform impact assessments, facilitate stakeholder communication).
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• ProvenExperience asDeveloper onAgileprojects and support of distributed web applications
• Proven track record of developing against program specifications and debugging complex programs
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively with other areas/ team members to meet deliverables and ensure team members adhere to guidelines/ procedures on medium to large scale projects
• Integration front end applications with backend APIs(Restful)
• Technologist who has a passion for software development.
• Experience with multiple programming languages or a full-stack developer is preferred.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.