Actively participate in the full life cycle of developing custom business applications or implementing 3rd party systems in a complex client server environment.
Development Life Cycle
- Develop an extensive understanding of functional business areas supported.
- Gather requirements and design solutions for system enhancements and small-to-medium sized applications.
- Coding of client-server database applications using Object Oriented techniques and industry best practices and standards.
- Verify custom and third-party logic by using solid testing methods.
- Implement custom and third-party client-server database applications in a production environment following internal policies and procedures.
- Provide day-to-day and after hours support of existing applications.
- Develop client training and documentation for supported applications.
- Add value to the team through constructive involvement.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with team members and clients.
- Acknowledge and appreciate other member's contributions to the team.
- Provide mentorship to junior developers in technical skills and business knowledge. Communication
- Effectively convey technical solutions to clients, partners and team members through oral and written communication.
- Listen to and comprehend the message being communicated by others.
- Develop presentations to be delivered to internal and external groups.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Information Systems (IS) or Information Technology(IT); extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Technical certifications or additional relevant training a plus.
- 5 - 8 years of relevant business systems development experience.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and .Net framework preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented programming, client-server development and relational database concepts.
- Ability to remain organized through high workload volumes with multiple priorities.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Capable of performing assigned functions with little or no oversight.
- Ability to analyze causes of and implement solutions to technical and system issues.
- Capable of interpreting and developing technical instructions, diagrams, statistical reports and financial documents.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations in such areas as financial, transactional and statistical analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Lifting requirements are typically less than 20 pounds on an infrequent basis.
Typically works in an office environment or occasionally on or around the manufacturing or sales floor. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Hours are varied and may include after-hours or weekend work to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Occasional travel required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.