Represent IT to the customer, users, and management for all aspects of project management and performance requirements, including finance, architecture, technology, systems development, IT services, service management and project schedules for enterprise level projects and/or a series of related, ongoing projects within the organization; provide guidance to the allocated project teams; support IT Managers on planning and achieving of strategic objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Collaborates with customer from requirements gathering through product acceptance
– Align the program team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional areas and stakeholders within the enterprise project
– Review project schedules with functional project managers and project specialists allocated to projects
– Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives
– Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives
– Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s)
– Devise creative solutions to critical customer and user needs
– Obtain and summarize current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline. Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required).
– Drive project/program tasks to completion in accordance with the project schedule
– Management of Resource capacity and time tracking allocated to enterprise level project
– Financial Management and analysis of costs for Enterprise level projects and programs including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER’s) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs
– Manage change control processes for the project(s) and is responsible for overall project execution
– Recognize potential problem areas against the plan, and identify and implement alternative solutions
– Identify best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
– Ensure that Post-Implementation Reviews are completed with the collaboration of all key projects stakeholders; present the results to the project team and Management as appropriate.
– Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department and with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the company
– Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
– Coach others through difficult decision making situations
– Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Security, Health, Safety and Quality)
– Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to IT systems, data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific
– Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
– Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
– Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
– May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer related discipline is required, or a minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience, plus 5+ years as a Project Manager, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
– PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification or equivalent is highly preferred