This IT Delivery Manager role oversees program, delivery and execution of business prioritized key IT projects. Primarily responsible for providing guidance and structure to project teams, comprised of a combination of vendor and FTE resources, in completing their tasks, coordinating group work and ensuring appropriate communications to business and/or IT stakeholders. May contribute as a consultant level analyst or technical resource as appropriate. The scope of managed programs and projects include multi-million dollar efforts which may be delivered through a collection of teams across Voya and/or a team of contracted resources.
- Manage to terms of SOW; holding partner and Voya accountable for milestones including technical delivery.
- Manage projects, programs or processes and apply work methods to adapt to changing conditions consistent with Voya-prescribed methodologies and standards.
- Drive analysis, design, technical, testing or operational specifications developed by project team. Ensure the final work product meets all quality standards and aligns with business goals.
- Perform as a consultant level IT sub-discipline individual contributor, as appropriate.
- Coordinate work across multiple work teams; develop, update, and implement contingencies for multiple teams to meet changing project or service needs.
- Partner with IT resource manager on anticipated changing resource needs and resource assessment/performance. Replace/upskill poor performing teams, manage out poor performance of contracted resources.
- Partner closely with IT management to align resource capacity and demand requirements.
- Oversee financial management of FTE and vendor expenses associated with projects, programs, and processes. Deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Effectively manage relationships and delivery with external vendor partners.
- Identify and remove roadblocks, escalate issues through proper management channels when resource deliverables are not in alignment with expectations or contract.
- Ability to drive team efficiencies effective partnerships.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in IT.
- Demonstrated success in project execution with involvement in multiple major projects or a sustained record of success as an IT services provider.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.