. Position Summary:
The role of the IT Delivery Manager is to provide quality and consistency of on-going service delivery for the full range of IT and e-commerce products and services and, for certain accounts, act as functional entry point to provide specialist knowledge and expertise on Amadeus products and solutions.
The IDM is active for a dedicated Customer or a defined set of Customers, throughout the lifetime of the customer. The IDM mobilises line organizations to assure delivery of Amadeus commitments in line with customer expectations.
Key member of the extended account team to ensure the right level of service to customers.
II. Job Duties:
Vision & Strategy:
- Understand the Amadeus strategy and vision around IT and e-Commerce and apply it to delivery management
- Understand customer business, strategy, and challenges to ensure prioritization of deliveries in line with customer's needs
- Assist Account Management in defining the Account Development Plan (ADP) according to agreed timing and standards
- Develop existing relationships with both IT & Business executives at the appropriate functional & operational level to reinforce & sustain strategic partnership with customers
- Provide a regular executive summary covering the risks/issues that need management attention.
- For small accounts, act as functional entry point to provide specialist knowledge and expertise on Amadeus products and solutions.
- Incorporate prioritization from Account Management to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction
- Facilitate the transition from implementation to customer management phase by being involved during the programme to ensure an efficient hand-over
- Obtain committed delivery time-scales internally, communicate accordingly to Customer: ensure their adherence to the plan & follow up on delivery dates
- Attend Steering & regular meetings with customer, and lead/chair Delivery Bi-laterals meetings in the absence of an ISM
- Ensure that delivered solution or service to customer corresponds to what has been defined in the contract & that customer understands its full capability
Delivery & Reporting:
- Pro actively manage the ongoing pipeline & status of all functional deliverables according to customer commitments & expectations, including standard products, Day-2 deliverables, bespoke development, consulting & other Services
- Mobilize and coordinate line organization (product management, development, service delivery management, ...) to assure delivery of 1A commitments in line with customer expectations
- Act as prime point of escalation for all ongoing functional issues (eg. CRs & Work Orders in delivery) through the extended account team and the FAM sessions
- Create, manage and keep updated an Airline IT Dashboard per customer in order to provide accurate status of all deliverables, including risks & issues. (Internal Airline IT Dashboard)
- Provide a regular executive summary covering the risks/issues that need management attention (Management Dashboard & FAM submission)
- Contribute to the invoicing process of the delivered product implementation & bespoke development.
Resources & Skills Development:
- Stay up-to-date with product evolutions and Portfolio expansion
- Adopt and implement the Account Management vision and strategy through the Performance & Development Review process (MBO process)
- Adhere to standard Delivery Management processes, procedures, tools and techniques
- Participate in a continuous improvement process for measuring and improving performance, satisfaction and skills (via targeted training).
III. Qualifications/ Experience:
- At least 7years airline experience
- At least 5 to 10 years in a comparable position managing IT customers
- At least 5 to 10 years in managing IT projects and/or implementations
- Broad experience in Customer Management and/or IT Project Management and/or Management and Implementation of Airline IT projects
Relevant Work Experience:
- Strong airline industry
- Broad knowledge of Amadeus Solution offerings and/or equivalent competitor's products (practical working knowledge of Amadeus solution highly desirable)
IV. Skills and Requirements:
Languages: Proficiency in English (written and spoken), additional languages would be an asset.
- High level of knowledge of IT products, specifically on Altea (RES, TKT, INV, DCS: functional and technical); e-commerce as well as cross-functional views
- Proficient in project management tools and methodologies
- Experience in managing, directing and motivating teams in a matrix organization
- Multi-cultural approach
- Change management and flexibility
- Customer focused
- Accountable and proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills; capable of interfacing with customers at all levels
- Well-developed business process analysis skills; analytical and conceptual thinking
- Self-motivated but ability to work effectively within a team
- Good communication and presentation skills (with customers at senior management level)
- Very good relational skills with people, ability to develop internal networking
- Able to multi-task and to work towards deadlines
- High level of organizational skills