Plan, develop and implement project efforts that utilize information technology solutions. Develop, establish and maintain project management standards and procedures. Develop the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining business and information technology sponsor approvals and coordinating the resources necessary to successfully complete the project. Manage multiple small-sized, moderately complex enterprise-wide projects.
Department Summary / Preferences:
The qualified individual will work on special initiatives for the Director of Emerging Markets, Corporate Services & IT Practices.
What you will bring to the position: experience with process development, ability to run medium to large projects, creative solutions, self motivation, and eagerness to learn.
What you can expect to be involved with: strategic planning, team roadmaps, budgeting, portfolio management and reporting and presentations.
Project Management responsibilities across teams and executive presentation skills are highly desired.
- Develop and continually update project plans and schedules. Work with the Business Analysts and the client to define/refine the project scope. Facilitate the gathering of information required to estimate project cost, resources, time and deliverables. Negotiate conflicts and resolve issues. Conduct meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations. Ensure that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Determine staffing requirements and form project teams. Develop budget requests for resources. Work with resource managers in order to effectively align resources across projects. Provide work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Evaluate project performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Collaborate with functional areas in the supervision of project personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution, as needed.
- Manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request form. Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project. Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to project sponsors. Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Establish, schedule, and facilitate regular status meetings with project personnel. Identify and coordinate any effects on dependent projects. Determine if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan. Provide advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes. Evaluate service provider performance. Monitor timely and accurate invoicing. Approve invoices for payment. Provide an issue escalation path and resolves vendor performance disputes. Validate ongoing vendor activities.
- Identify the elements of risk in a project. Analyze and prioritize project risks and assesses its potential project impact. Develop and maintain risk plans, processes and systems in order to mitigate risk, with assistance. Create action plan for risks that occur and follows through on plan. Maintain issue list, proactively escalating issues to project and departmental leadership to mitigate risk.
- Negotiate conflicts and resolve issues that arise. Act as a mediator between stakeholders and team member. Resolve any issues and solves problems throughout the project lifecycle.
- Utilize various tools and techniques for estimating costs associated with a project including physical, financial and human capital costs. Develop a detailed cost baseline from cost estimations. Refine project cost estimate Monitor the actual cost of a project versus the budget, continuously. Review bills and evaluates factors that may potentially cause cost changes. Conduct in-depth root cause analysis of project budget discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Contribute to the communication plan as required to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues to the client and project team. Assess the effectiveness of the interaction and communication with the client and project team.
- Develop and distribute the schedule for delivery of product/service. Complete the delivery package/documentation. Coordinate the transfer of the product/service as needed.
- Adhere to established project standards, procedures. Contribute to the development of all metrics, as needed.
- Provide the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of Information Technology experience preferred.
- One (1) year of project management and experience leading projects preferred.
- Project management tool and methodology working knowledge required
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Proven skills in managing within a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate vision, mission, and goals to both business and IT audiences.
- Sound understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.