The IT Data Architect- Data Warehouse is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying various components of ASI’s data warehouse. Data Warehouse Architects also work with business users to identify and document business and technical requirements of the data warehouse.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, develop, test, configure, optimize, and deploy database objects and SSIS packages needed for ETL.
- Adhere to development standards and best practices used by the Data Warehouse Team.
- Properly document developed objects and packages.
- Develop and maintain mapping logic to ETL data sets from a variety of source systems.
- Support, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with data warehouse processes.
- Resolve bugs and ensure data quality.
- Participate in Business Event Analysis and Modeling (BEAM) sessions.
- Use JIRA to document development tasks and support Agile development.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, risk management, or related field preferred.
- Proficiency with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- One year of experience with SQL, SSMS, or other database software required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, pay attention to details, think through problems logically, apply college-level math skills, and make appropriate decisions.
- Proven ability to perform independent research.
- Strong work verification and related proofreading skills.
- Strong at follow-up.
- Excellent collaboration and team work skills.
- Possesses high-school-level English language and grammar skills. Communicates with professional decorum.
- Demonstrates integrity.
- One year of work experience using Visual Studio, Red gate, Team Foundation Server (TFS) or another source control tool preferred.
- Six months of data modeling work experiencepreferred.
- Proficiency in Agile Development a plus.
- One year of experience with Business Event Analysis and Modeling (BEAM) preferred.
- Two years of experience leading projects required.
- One year of experience professionally developing personnel strongly preferred