IT Data Specialist - Axiom Mapping and Filtration Specialist
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Data and Information Management covers building, developing, designing, and implementing involved with tech data management solutions. Where do we begin? These experts analyze, design, develop and support TD’s info management system; lead and support bank data curation; develop data road map and info management strategies; focus on complex data integration, and drive use of our data reference model. This area doesn’t work in isolation. We love data and we feel the same about integration and our assignments prove it.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We need someone to provide technical leadership covering a range of data analysis functions. These include data modeling, structured query language (SQL), data quality, data profiling, extract-transform-load (ETL), metadata enrichment and management, data provenance and lineage, report design and other specialized data management functions. You’re a solid, independent, senior lead equipped to manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions for larger projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Elicit, analyze, interpret business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, includes data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Apply automation and innovation on new and on-going data platforms for those development projects aligned to business or organizational strategies.
- Design, implement reporting platforms (e.g. modeling, ETL, BI framework) and complex ETL frameworks that meet business requirements. Work with technology/project teams to understand the business meaning of data, provide analysis and requirements so that data design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with intended design and standards.
- Deliver business or enterprise data deliverables (that adhere to enterprise frameworks) for various platforms/servers/applications/systems.
- Provide data analysis and requirements within enterprise platform (e.g. Hadoop).
- Implement processes aligned to data management standards, ensure data quality and requirements are embedded in/adhered to within system development deliverables.
- Develop, maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms.
- Perform data profiling using TD tooling and ad hoc system query languages to validate data analysis.
- Help development and testing teams resolve data issues.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Subject matter expertise on business processes and procedures, as well as broader organizational issues and technology.
- Advanced knowledge of business, standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology in related areas from a design/ support/ solutions perspective.
- Consult as an expert in multiple areas and consult with clients and project teams with respect to research, analysis, design, hardware/software support, solutions development, serve as a key resource for technical information exchange within project teams, with the business and outside vendors.
- Capacity and eagerness to work independently as a senior/lead role on diverse tasks, and also coach/educate/guide/direct others.
- Ability to direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions on larger projects that are highly complex and multi-faceted.
PreferredQualifications – Here are thepreferredqualifications for this role:
– Working knowledge of TD Bank portfolio systems for loans, deposits, credit cards with an understanding of account origination and servicing
– Strong SQL skills on Oracle with ability to create complex queries
– Strong communication skills able to clearly document business and technical requirements and logic
– Experience in designing physical models for data warehouses and data marts