The Data Management Engineer is responsible for designing, delivering and supporting enterprise master data management (MDM) solutions, to support Kimberly-Clark’s global and enterprise master data requirements covering analytical as well as operational MDM.
The Data Management Engineer has responsibility for the maintenance of the enterprise master data management platforms. The Data Management Engineer is responsible for collaborating with the Data Feature Engineer, Data Architect, Kimberly-Clark’s internal business and technology partners (both globally and regionally), and other stakeholders to ensure correct designs and implementations are in place to deliver timely and accurate master data to enterprise decision-making as well as operational processes.
Design, implement and support the detailed master data components of all analytical (enterprise data warehouse/enterprise BI) as well as enterprise operational projects for master data domains, enterprise hierarchies, master data integration and data quality, etc. Collaborate with project teams and architects on all aspects of MDM architecture (MDM data model, SAP MDM, MDM tools, MDM data integration, master data quality, MDM operations, master data security, etc.) Deliver per established methodologies for enterprise projects with an MDM component, such as technical requirements, design patterns, code reviews and testing procedures Present to change control boards for validated systems to implement development into production Regularly interact with leadership on project work status and priority setting. Transfer knowledge to support resources to ensure environment supportability, stability and sustainability. Work with source system, SME’s and business teams to determine which source systems are the best sources (and targets where applicable) of Master Data for the MDM system.
Education required/ preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years experience of Information Technologyexperience
- 3 to 5 year in in technical development roles on Master Data Management projects
- Experience developing solutions using SAP MDG, SAP MDM, SAP GDS, Microsoft MDS, Winshuttle
- Experience with digital capabilities including API, Microservice, RPA and persona-based UI/UX
- Experience working within ITS Projects and/or Programs
- Experience working on projects in the MDM (operational and analytical MDM) space
- Experienced with MDM architecture, deployment and support.
- Global capability delivery experience
- Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
- Proven experience in navigating complex organizations, creative problem solving, and rational experimentation
- At ease in establishing senior-level working relationships and communications
- Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organization including suppliers, partners and customers.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory
- Technical specialism: Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisms, and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
- Service level management: Ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels. Creates and maintains a catalogue of available services. In consultation with the customer negotiates service level requirements and agrees service levels. Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiates actions to maintain or improve levels of service. Establishes and maintains operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Autonomy: Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates responsibilities. Is accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Influence: Influences policy formation on the contribution of own specialism to business objectives. Influences a significant part of own organization. Develops influential relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners at senior management level, including industry leaders. Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
- Complexity: Performs highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects. Contributes to the formulation and implementation of IT strategy. Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles.
- Business Skills: Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences. Assesses and evaluates risk. Understands the implications of new technologies. Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade. Has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and deep understanding of own specialism(s). Understands and communicates the role and impact of IT in the employing organization and promotes compliance with relevant legislation. Takes the initiative to keep both own and subordinates' skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the IT industry.
- Information management: The overall governance of how all types of information, structured and unstructured, whether produced internally or externally, are used to support decision-making, business processes and digital services. Encompasses development and promotion of the strategy and policies covering the design of information structures and taxonomies, the setting of policies for the sourcing and maintenance of the data content, and the development of policies, procedures, working practices and training to promote compliance with legislation regulating all aspects of holding, use and disclosure of data.