The Infrastructure team brings the digital workplace to life for the Kimberly-Clark organization. This team seeks out new technologies on the horizon and how to leverage them to support the goals of the organization, manages the infrastructure and creates a digital, connected workplace for employees. As part of this team, the Midrange Data Center Solution Engineer is responsible for the implementation and support of IT Infrastructure solutions for K-C’s state private data centers, manufacturing facilities, sales office and administrative sites. Accountable for coordinating global server roadmap orders, and assists the project coordination to ensure flawless and incident free equipment installation. Ensures accuracy of asset and configuration database information and timely disposal of retired assets. Leads small to medium projects for the Midrange server team.
Role will have no direct reports. Key Interfaces: IT Infrastructure team members and outsourced partners, INF Service Delivery Managers, INF Coordination & Delivery Team members and Leaders, End Users, Local Business Leaders. Travel may include approximately 0-5% of work time.
- Establish and coordinate global server roadmap, ordering and equipment installation for remote sites.
- Receives and handles requests for support and installation of VMware, Windows Server Operating Systems and equipment globally.
- Responsible for the provisioning and physical operation of IT infrastructure services in the data center including Servers, Storage, and Mainframe equipment.
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes responsibility for personal development.
- Identifies areas of possible automation and/or improvement to provide better customer service and enhance problem resolution techniques.
- Collaborates with customers and infrastructure teams on server installation engagements providing recommendations on design and sharing cost information.
- Ensures that requests are handled according to agreed procedures. For all requests that cannot be resolved, provides an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information. Uses judgment to set priority for resolution, monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for incident not progressing satisfactorily.
- Provides detailed documentation andshares knowledge with site administrators in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them; demonstrates ingenuity inapplying knowledge to non-standard situations.
Interprets technical or procedure manuals on behalf of non-technical users and provides routine training in normal usage of systems, products and services, providing information on the full range of capabilities.
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree along with 3 or more year’s relevant IT experience, preferably in a data center environment.
- (Preferred) Able to perform a broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine independently
- (Preferred) Broad range of business and IT experiences; has achieved technical and/or business certification(s).
- (Preferred) Understanding of ITIL technical change management and incident managementprocesses
- (Standard) Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organization including suppliers, partners and customers.
- 3 or more years of experience installing and troubleshooting server hardware.
- 3 or more years of VMware and Microsoft Server OS experience.
- Able to lift and carry heavy equipment, up to 50 pounds.
- Displays good inter-personal skills, demonstrating the ability to relate to customers in their own language. Has project and/or change management experience on technology based projects.
- Solid understanding of facilities and cabling standards.
- Space planning for data center equipment and cabling.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to absorb and apply technical information.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory.