Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Data and Information Management covers building, developing, designing, and implementing involved with tech data management solutions. Where do we begin? These experts analyze, design, develop and support TD’s info management system; lead and support bank data curation; develop data road map and info management strategies; focus on complex data integration, and drive use of our data reference model. This area doesn’t work in isolation. We love data and we feel the same about integration and our assignments prove it.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to provide a broad range of data analysis functions such as data modeling, structured query language (SQL) data quality, data profiling, extract-transform-load (ETL), metadata enrichment and management, data provenance and lineage, report design and other specialized data management functions. You’ll be guided by data specialists or managers to design, develop and support TD’s data management solutions.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Provide data analysis, assess data management requirements for data platforms, applications, systems, servers.
- Develop and maintain data knowledge from upstream sources within relevant platforms and applications using profiling, reporting tools and technical/business metadata.
- Use industry-standard modeling tools to develop, maintain models. (Power Designer.)
- Use BI tools and SQL to build and support reports. (Atscale and Tableau.)
- Research, identify issues, determine approach to correct data, identify, analyze and interpret trends/patterns in complex datasets.
- Analyze business requirement to determine and document associated data sourcing, data model and data transformation requirements.
- Apply industry and TD data governance, data privacy, data security and access control requirements to the solutions you define.
- Ensure metadata and data lineage are captured and compatible with enterprise metadata and data management tools and processes.
- Support development and testing teams in resolving data issues.
- Support user community by helping them interpret data.
- Build subject matter knowledge across business lines.
- Understand data initiatives and capabilities, governance principles, enterprise-wide application
- Understand TD’s reporting and Analytics capabilities and contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of existing capabilities and the introduction of new capabilities.
- Respect TD’s technology delivery practices, standards, project management disciplines.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- Some knowledge of Hadooptechnologies
- 3-5years relevant experience.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Equipped to participate in development of small-scale data-marts or changes to enterprise data warehouses.
- History as a collaborative and strong team player.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving and, verbal/written communication skills (note: can articulate complex ideas and results clearly to varied audience).
- Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once (moderately complex, varied in scope).
- Working knowledge of the following will be an asset:
- Data modeling
- Atscale development
- Tableau workbook and dashboard development
- Podium Ingestion:
- Data Structure and technical metadata analysis
- Data ingestion of medium file complexity
- Data obfuscation methods
- Basic Understanding of will be an asset:
- TD Big Data AKORA capabilities
- ETL development (Talend & Java Framework)
- SQL and RDMS knowledge
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.