IT Controls Consultant
8 - 10 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As an IT Controls Consultant you will serve as the internal controls subject matter expert. This role integrates the progression of controls maturity and correlates it to the reductions in risk, using the HITRUST framework. This role also helps to lead enterprise wide adoption of HITRUST, Premera’s business maturity, and risk framework.
In this role, you will work closely with all levels of employees at Premera, as you guide them through effective control design. Within the Accreditation team, you will serve as the subject matter expert in controls, while mentoring team members with the operation aspects of audits, assessments, risk mitigation and control maturity.
What you’ll do
- Work with IT Management to ensure IT controls comply with regulatory and audit requirements
- Identify and recommend opportunities for control improvement using industry specific control frameworks, assisting in the selection and tailoring of Premera’s approach, method, and tools.
- Assess control improvement solutions to ensure Premera's investment in controls is balanced against the value of mitigating risks
- Facilitate the design, development and documentation of control activities
- Develop and present status reports, formal presentations, and briefings on IT controls development activities, issues review, and documented issue responses
- Work with internal and external auditors to coordinate various auditing efforts such as interview meetings and documentation collection
- Develop and facilitate population and maintenance of a centralized repository for documentation describing IT controls and underlying policies, procedures, processes, and evidence of completion
- Partner with leaders across the organization, in various disciplines, to create action plans to improve business maturity and reduce risk
- Support the management of 3rd party vendors
- Assist in maturing the overall IT Risk Management Program
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or 4 years’ experience
- 10 years Information Technologyexperience in one or more IT disciplines, such as IT Audit, application development, client/server, network, databases, web, etc.
- Current professional certification in IT audit or information security (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA)
- Demonstrated understanding of health plan operations and applicable legislation for corporate governance and process standards
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage controls development and implementation efforts
- Ability to effectively articulate and translate technical and auditlanguage to non-technical customers
- Influence at all levels across the company within span of control
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize