Req #: 632
Internal Corning Employees are provided the opportunity to review global job openings for potential interest. However, they are encouraged to do so with the understanding that whether or not they will be considered a candidate for positions located outside their geographic area (city, country, region) will depend on a number of factors such as the availability of local subject matter expertise or qualified talent, the need to obtain and availability of work authorization, costs associated with internal transfer, etc. It will be the decision of the hiring organization whether to permit employees applying outside the local area where the opening exists to be considered a candidate for that opening. It is recommended employees wishing to apply for job openings at Corning make their supervisor aware of their interest before formally applying.
The person in this position will join a team of highly motivated and skilled engineers and technicians to manage, modify, and develop control systems required tomanufacture optical fiber and the associated computer systems to support manufacturing. This person will also participate in or occasionally lead projects to meet the plant’s objectives or drive cost reduction efforts.
- This position will be responsible for owning the IT-related software associated with at least one manufacturing process step in the Concord Optical Fiber manufacturing plant. In this capacity, he/she will work closely with engineering and operations teams in the plant to implement improvements in this process area.
- The person will become the expert for the control system in their area of responsibility along with ancillary data feeds to a manufacturing execution system and reportingsystems.
- The person will also be responsible for developing or modifying other software systems that support manufacturing in the plant such as web-based or stand-alone applications.
- When the person leads a project, he/she will be responsible for managing the activities required to meet the project’s objectives within the constraints of an allowed budget and a desired timeline.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Years of Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience preferred
- Visual Basic
- .NET (C#, VB.NET)
- Control Systems
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- iFIX SCADA
- Real-time kernels