Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Welcome to TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
IT Configuration & Asset Management Process Technology Manager
The IT Configuration and Asset Management Process Technology Manager will be reporting to AVP, IT Infrastructure & Operations. This area is starting a major redesign including new processes, procedures and technology. The aim is to redesign and implement IT Asset Management processes according to best practices and applying specialized knowledge of IT asset management operations.
- Facilitates the negotiation of the scope of the configuration and asset management process in collaboration with CMDB governing structures, process owners, and IT business stakeholders.
- Works with other process owners to ensure an integrated approach to the design, implementation, and coordination of interfaces between asset management and other service management processes. (Change, Release, Incident, and Knowledge).
- Identifies which CIs need to be managed and controlled from the basis of Asset, Configuration Management, and Inventory. Proposes and agrees to the CI types and level of detail at which CIs are to be identified.
- Plans and executes population of the configuration management database (manual and automated); manages CMDB, central libraries, tools, common codes and data; ensures regular housekeeping of the CMDB.
- Ensures changes to the asset managementprocesses are properly approved and communicated.
- Works collaboratively across the enterprise to implement CMDB assets and leads project implementation.
- Produces and distributes management reports for configuration and asset management.
- Defines certification and auditprocesses and engages the CI class owners on regular certification efforts.
- On-boards new CI Owners and manages training materials and quick guides.
- Reviews the Configuration & Asset Management process on a regular basis for efficiency and effectiveness.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and 5 years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications: Service Now System Administration Certification, ITIL Foundations Certification
- 1 year of leadership experience
- Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions. Well-versed on ITIL Service Lifecycle Management Processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with IT asset management and PC lifecycle management
- Exceptional leadership, prioritization, and project management skills. Ability to work across organizational barriers to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge relating to the design of processes and software across the organization (e.g. Incident, Change, Problem, Asset and Config Management).
- Self-motivated and has a positive attitude. Adaptable and flexible to change in a large organization.
- Specialized knowledge of defining, documenting and implementing Asset Management and Configuration Management processes for both hardware and software CIs.
- Preferred Education and Experience: 8 years+ experience in Service Asset and Configuration Management in a challenging environment. Experience and strong subject matter expertise with IT Service Management processes including Configuration, Change, Incident, Problem and Release Management. Database design and architectureexperience.
- Enterprise ITSM software experience with ServiceNow a must.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with software management and licensing agreements,
- Expert knowledge and experience with AMDB/CMDB and ITSM tools and processes
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills
- Strong, balanced, and effective personnel management and leadership skills
- Ability to address issues and defuse conflict in an effective and professional manner
- Ability to effectively mentor and develop staff
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills
- Self-motivator, independent, organized, cooperative, flexible, creative
- IAITAM (CSAM, CITAM) or equivalent certification strongly preferred
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.