Arista Networks has an exciting opportunity for a talented systems engineer to join our team. The IT System team at Arista is responsible for design, deployment and day today support of the Arista’s global corporate systems spanning across multiple countries and is rapidly expanding. We are looking for experienced system engineers who can be part of this global team. This positions will be based out of Arista office in Vancouver , Santa Clara and Bangalore, India
- Work in a team to maintain IT infrastructure systems within the company network both cloud based and local including servers, SAN, LAN/WAN and other IT infrastructure applications like VMware and Active Directory.
- Work as primary system administrator on production and non-production AWS infrastructure, servers and appliances.
- Administer, maintain and improve production AWS environment, utilizing AWS cloud technologies and the latest industry standard development and automation tools; including Puppet, Spacewalk and JIRA.
- Design, build, administer and maintain servers using best practices in a mixed Windows, Mac OSX and Linux client environment.
- Work in partnership with IT leadership to align Information Technology with the overall Arista direction, strategy and vision.
- Manage, administer and harden LINUX systems based on best practices.
- Design, setup and maintain virtual servers in VMware environment is a plus.
- Design, manage and support enterprise backup solution including global BCP plan.
- Ensure the integrity & security of data/systems and look for continuous improvement to the current state of security architecture at the company.
- Manage troubleshooting and/or debugging IT infrastructure related problems.
- Manage databases MSSQL and Mysql would be a plus.
- Worked on implementing and managing Bluecat, Infoblox or any other DNS, DHCP and IPAM systems would be preferred
- BS degree in computer science, or equivalent experience. (4 years)
- Redhat, MCSE, and/or VCP certifications are preferred
- AWS, Network and storage certifications a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in the following areas: Windows Active Directory domain architecture and implementation; LDAP, DHCP, WINS and DNS server administration; Experience with Bluecat would be PLUS. Server and device Monitoring & Alerting; Security configuration, patching and auditing for Windows and Linux servers.
- 5+ years virtualization experience using and managing VMware.5.5 /6.0/6.5
- 2+ years in managing storage devices (SAN/NAS) preferably using EMC / VNX.
- Experience in managing domains and certificates from the systems and security side.
- Experience with real time data replication technology for Disaster recovery is preferred.
- Strong experience with administration of AWS, Azure, BOX., Google Apps, IDS, IDP, SSO and other Cloud applications and processes.
- Experience with Perl/ Python/ Ruby or Shell Scripting would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to break complex technical challenges into smaller logical units.
- Must be able to work after hours/weekends as needed for supporting and managing team, potentially with global membership.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with good organizational skills and delegated task successfully
- Datacenter experience will be a plus.
- Experience with Perforce, GIT a plus.