What You’ll Be Doing:
Strategy, Planning and Prioritization
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the Director of IT & Cloud Operations, department heads, and fellow employees regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Based on agreed upon requirements formulate and propose potential approaches to meet. Once a proposal has been reviewed by the stakeholders and approved, work to implement and deploy.
- Assist in the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for proposed IT spending and initiatives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance standards such as HIPAA, GDPR, and ISO 27001
- Participate in the creation and review of IT budgets to ensure they accurately forecast and communicate what will be required to achieve stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Participate in the development of IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery.
Operational Management & Excellence
- Proactively review Wilmington IT and Catapult Cloud Services operation to ensure we are fully meeting the needs of our Business and Customers.
- Including performance, reliability/up-time, backups, security and compliance requirements.
- Documentation of Wilmington Network, Systems, Backups, IT Procedures, Catapult Cloud Services and Implementation details
- Monitor, benchmark and analyze operations and make recommendations for the improvement of the overall IT infrastructure and systems.
- Participate in the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and support of all networking, hardware and software based on business needs.
- Support end-user services, including phone systems, IT help desk and technical support services.
- Management and support of Catapult Sports Infrastructure; primary focus on Wilmington MA office, remote offices and employees while on business travel
- Assist end users with any desktop related issues that arise on a daily basis
- Assist the Cloud Operations team with monitoring of services in AWS / Azure
- Assist the Cloud Operations team with operational tasks in AWS / Azure
- Provide support of office(s) WAN & LAN with the ability to be available on weekends, off hours and when emergencies arise
- Administer network accounts, security groups, permissions, troubleshooting access for domains and cloud services
- Configuration and setup of systems for new employees and servers for various departments
- Ability to effectively form and manage external vendor relations
- Effectively handle any escalations for issues in your area of responsibility.
- DNS management of internal and external DNS zones
- Administration of G-Suite and Office 365 productivity environments and email
- End-user computer hardware and software purchasing, inventory, troubleshooting and repair, software support and research
- Laptop builds/rebuilds for existing and new hires; Archiving terminated employee data in secure company location
- VPN Connectivity
- Mobile device connectivity support
- Printers and Print services
- Provides security key FOBs to employees and guests
- Involved in cube and office build outs, involving both high voltage (power) and low voltage (data/voice) cabling and Moves/Adds/Changes/Relocations
- Workstation setup for new users
- Inventory and Help Desk ticket tracking
What You’ll Need:
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years of Data Center technology experience (VMware, Dell Servers, PDU, SAN Technologies, IIS, SQL)
- 3+ years managing or supporting AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with scripting languages, cloud formation (Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (GoCD, Jenkins)
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current networking technology, security and Windows/Linux/OSx based operating systems, hardware.
- Experience in IT network and infrastructure, project management and policy development.
- University degree in the field of computer science, information systems or equivalent experience
- Experience with systems design and deployment from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT to solve business problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- CCNA or equivalent Networking knowledge and experience
- VMware or equivalent experience
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or equivalent experience
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, with attention to detail.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to keep IT management aware of and up to date on site issues.
- Ability to manage/direct contractors and interns.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills.
- On-call availability for 24x7x365 operations
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Travel - Occasional travel to other Catapult offices/sites may be required.