Micron Technology's vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
In this role, you will be a technology focused contributor in the Cloud services team. This role will guide change in how Micron looks at cloud services and on premises deployments. This team will have a heavy emphasis on automation and a hybrid cloud environment, while maintaining operational excellence across several on-premises and off-premises cloud environments.
You will regularly work with Micron's Business Units to ensure solutions meet or exceed business requirements. You will be expected to suggest, promote, and use published standards to minimize environment complexity and ensure regulatory as well as license compliance.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical direction and escalation for cloud technologies utilized by Micron business units
- Maintain OLA and SLA agreements with other Micron Business Units as well as Cloud providers
- Manage and monitor Cloud Provider relationships, critical metrics and agreements – this may include occasional travel to the Cloud provider location(s) to participate in strategy meetings
- Be an authority in one or more cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, OpenShift, Google Cloud
- Maintain global collaboration with the other Micron IT operations teams, both internal and external to I&O
- Collaborate with Enterprise and Domain Architects to ensure we are deploying the right solutions at the right time to meet the business needs
- Provide a frictionless and smooth path to consuming cloud services using standardized offerings, using lean and secure processes
- Continually improves operations through routine monitoring of system performance metrics, review of system log files, trend analysis, configuration, incident and problem management processes
- Recommends and works with the Engineering and Architecture group on system or architectural changes when needed to improve performance, support growth, or incorporate new technologies
- Ensures architectural consistency and provides technical direction through use of the roadmap process, knowledge management, disaster recovery plan development and testing
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting a hybrid cloud environment
- Additional experience of 8 to 10 years supporting IT Infrastructure services such as Networking, Storage, Compute and Database platforms
- AWS or Azure IaaS and PaaS administration experience
- Experience supporting container technologies: Kubernetes, Openshift, OKD
- Good communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal)
- Strong decision-making, prioritization and negotiation skills
- Passion and accountability for the environment you support
- Experience scripting and/or working in a DevOps environment