Works independently with business partners within the business function to align technology solutions with business strategies. Identifies and communicates business needs and translates these needs into understandable requirements; determines if internal or external solutions exist or whether new solutions are needed; determines if these solutions impact existing work processes and systems as well as ensures proper integration; provides input surround buy vs. build decisions for possible solutions. Prioritizes, analyzes, and documents business processes. Identifies opportunities for improvement/enhancement, and negotiate agreements and commitments between business partners and IT from requirements gathering to the final implementation. Responsible for the more complex work and assignments typically required of a Business Systems Analyst.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as an expert in the business units supported, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Builds, maintains, and manages stakeholder relationships; educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions; understands and develops appropriate business models to represent business requirements and meet business needs. Understands the difference between a requirement and a desire or want.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology; ensures technology solutions are in compliance with and uphold organizational standards. Develops business models to represent requirements, such as use cases, business process flows, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Obtains, captures, and validates needed information from stakeholders to form requirements through various analysis techniques. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization. Responsible for requirements management, approval, change, and traceability.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments; facilitates communication between business units and IT from initial requirements to final implementation; may make recommendations for buy versus build decisions.
- Maintains a current knowledge base and understanding of technological trends; uses IT knowledge base to bring solutions to business units supported and enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader; evaluate and identify project complexity, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies.
- Communicates complex technical concepts simply and effectively to nontechnical team members.
- Conducts systems analysis with a focus on business process models and use cases.
- Participates in planning sessions with business units to improve business processes.
- Provides technical direction and training to junior level team members.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. Shift First Alternate Location Minimum Requirements Additional Information
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Experience: 5 years of work related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the industry's standard business practices, products, and services.
- Knowledge of information system development strategies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Exceptional technical skills using tools such as SDLC, VISIO, etc.