PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remediate application system issues through appropriate troubleshooting, Incident Change, and Problem Management standards
- Program and script design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and support
- Developing new techniques and / or improving existing processes
- Manage and maintain system security and performance
- Offer first level system maintenance and support including new RTU or PLC additions as well as communication troubleshooting
- Serve as the subject matter expert and Business Partner between Information Management Application and Infrastructure team(s) and Business/End user team(s)
- Prepare recurring application dashboard metrics and report to show analysis on specific key data points and provide cost transparency for applications
- Provide telephone and email support for SCADA host application issues – includes both field and corporate calls
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Travel as required
- Ability to work on-call rotation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Strong formal and informal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks in order to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and responsibilities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Demonstrate a high level of computer knowledge both hardware and software.
- Advanced SQL and database management experience
- Strong technical Network understanding.
- Experience with related programming languages (VBscript, Structured Text, .NET, Python, VBA, REST APIs, Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagrams, SQL)
- Experience with Windows server management including bot not limited to WSUS, Active Directory, DNS, Antivirus, NTP, resource provisioning, etc.
- Some SCADA experience
- Experience on a Gas Measurement system
- Experience in a Business Analyst role or experience in business process analysis
- Experience with MOC standards, including familiarity with development and QA environment coordination
- Previous experience with regulated pipeline or energy companies
- Previous experience directly or indirectly supporting a control center
- Possess specialized, in-depth knowledge and experience with operational practices specific to oil and gas.
- ICS/SCADA security experience
- Experience with various flow computer protocols
- Experience building screens for large compressor / pump stations or processing facilities
- Technical writing experience
- Some understanding of Information Security essentials. Technical understanding of firewall management, group policies, NIST 800 series standards, etc.
- Familiarity with formal audit processes
- Project management experience
- Expertise with ClearSCADA
- Expertise with Autosol and Kepware
- Experience with OPC
- Experience in the oil and gas industry and/or SCADA
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering, or other technically related field or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent technical experience
- 3 years experience in a similar role