$80K — $100K *
Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country’s natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You’ll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That’s NJR Life.
New Jersey Resources is seeking an IT Business Relationship and Project Manager, responsible for delivering corporate and IT strategies for business opportunities relating to utility, pipeline, energy generation (wind, solar) and energy trading projects. Plan, execute and deploy innovative technology solutions that drive operational excellence, profitability and enable business strategy. Collaborate with leadership team to develop technology investment plans, proposals and business cases. Leads the delivery and implementation of solutions using the NJR IT project management methodology as defined by the IT Project Management Office.
• Collaborate with clients and leadership to formulate technology-enabled business goals
• Work with the business, service and product providers and IT to identify opportunities and build a strategy to provide technology recommendations that meet or exceed business objectives
• Participate in the governance of IT portfolio management practices for the business area IT investments
• Drive co-innovation, pre-commitment proposals, business case development and submissions for approval
• Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors to successfully execute all projects
• Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and on budget with availability of all necessary resources
• Develop detailed project plans to track and report progress
• Develop executive-level status reporting for executive and steering committee-level meetings
• Utilize effective verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Utilize risk management strategies to identify and minimize project risks; escalate to management as needed
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors during project execution
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation as defined by the IT Project Management team
• Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline; graduate degree and/or PMI certification/training preferred
• 5-10 or years of experience working within a business and technical Environment or equivalent or combination of education and experience
• At least five years of demonstrated experience working as an IT project manager in a matrix environment, working with clients and third parties
• Minimum five years of IT application development, business analysis, and experience working with enterprise architecture, infrastructure, and/or quality assurance
• Utility, pipeline, energy generation (wind, solar), energy trading, work management experience and knowledge a plus
• Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Exceptional project-management skills with demonstrated experience in initiating, planning and executing large-scale projects from the envisioning stage through implementation, involving internal cross-functional personnel, contractors, and vendors
• Experience collaborating, negotiating, presenting to leadership stakeholders
• Experience in estimating, forecasting, financial management and business case development
• Strong business acumen that enables the ability to develop strategy, process capabilities, enabling technologies, and associated investment governance.
• Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate appropriately across all levels of the organization
• Team player with the ability to work effectively across all levels of an organization; ability to influence others to move toward consensus
• Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Valid through: 8/27/2020