The position of Information Technology Project Manager consists of planning, initiating, and managing Information Technology (IT) projects. It also consists of leading and guiding the work of technical staff, serving as a liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage, and monitoring progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. While this person will reside in the Information Technology group, we are seeking someone with strong business acumen as it relates to the AEC industry.
- Manage internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage resource availability and allocation.
- Develop and implement detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management review to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with prospective and existing clients, third parties and vendors.
- Create and manage comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure the project review process and other quality control guidelines are followed.
- Establish project teams, coordinate activities of multiple stakeholders, and ensure the efficient, cost effective utilization of staff while assuring adherence to performance requirements.
- Responsible for providing performance feedback to department managers for project team members as appropriate.
- Actively manage project scope, cost, schedule and quality to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Manage preparation and approval of monthly internal reports.
- Present reports and status of project execution and financial performance to executive management.
- Serve as primary contact on assigned projects.
- Consult and assist clients with concepts and designs.
- Serve as the Technical advisor, providing senior level input, evaluation and guidance on issues.
- Develop and implement process and procedure improvements to ensure maximum efficiencies and accuracy.
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting for business units.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Sciences or a related technical field from accredited program.
- Minimum 12 years related experience in Information Technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Proficiency in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).