This role will act as the IT Lead that partners with the HR division to develop the IT roadmap in support of their strategic goals and priorities. The IT Business Partner will work with HR to co-create technology roadmap that outlines the IT priorities, timelines, and requirements to be delivered. S/he will manage the IT investment portfolio in a transparent manner to the business and be accountable for the delivery of IT projects and the associated investment outcomes.
This role will serve as the direct interface between IT and the HR division. The IT Business Partner for HR will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, highly matrix environment, developing a strategy for the organization and a roadmap to achieve strategic goals. This individual must be comfortable working with ambiguity and demonstrate leadership presence and outstanding communication skills.
Representative Activities - Here’s How You’ll Contribute
- Develop and nurture productive, strategic relationships with the HR Leadership Team
- Partner with HR leaders to define the IT roadmap, projects and investments required to deliver on the HR strategy
- Serve as the accountable liaison between HR and IT to ensure solutions are designed, delivered and executed according to plan.
- Provide financial diligence; manage IT investment portfolio efficiently and within guidance
- Drive transformational change and a culture of innovation and agility; implement applicable enterprise platforms and applications
- Deliver committed outcomes of all IT capabilities leveraged by the business
- Provide thought leadership with regards to technology trends and their impact on HR. Connect the HR team with the broader IT organization to share trends, best practices and lessons learned.
Qualifications - What You’ll Bring
The successful candidate should be an expert at building relationships with business leaders and addressing business needs with technology thinking. S/he must have capabilities in developing business strategic roadmaps as well as successfully owning the outcomes to meet business objectives. S/he must possess a blend of hands-on technical ability with proven business strategic capability.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Experience in building and executing a digital HR transformation strategy
- Experience in creating and delivering an HR automation strategy focused on improving the workforce experience and attaining operational efficiencies
- Experience with roadmap ownership, use case creation, strategy development
- Experience building and communicating business plans and the technology insights required for delivery
- Financial acumen to support business case creation and measurement
- Proven track record in driving business strategy with technology innovation
- Strategic decision making and successful influencing on leadership level
- Experience in managing relationships with business stakeholders and earning a “seat at the table” to actively engage business leaders and shape future policies and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- 10+ years of IT and business experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility
- Ability to be more than an “order taker” for the business - must stimulate, surface and shape business demand
- Experience in change implementation planning and management
- Experience in IT portfolio management and manage business investments
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong English communication skills