Job ID R-301394
Job Description Summary
The IT Business Partner based in San Diego will report to the Director of Business Relationship Mgt. and work with the Medical Management Systems (MMS) business to match business strategy and needs with Global Services solutions.
The IT Business Partner must have a strong appreciation of the criticality of information to the business and the need for a Global Services strategy and vision to support the overall business objectives. The position will need excellent facilitator skills working amongst the various businesses and functional organizations, as well as a skilled negotiator, a diplomat and good communicator when dealing with all level of the organization.
This function will partner with external and internal innovation leaders to understand emerging technology trends to bring to the table innovative solutions or considerations in support of BD’s Digital transformation journey to digitize our processes, innovate our product and solution offerings, and increase our market share e.g. through Automation, IoT, Big Data, Augmented and Virtual Reality, Block Chain, Cloud/SaaS, etc.
The IT Business Partner will work with the key Global Service and Global Information Security functions to ensure Global Services is achieving service and operation SLAs for tickets, projects and global implementations. Where improvement is needed, continuous improvement methodologies are applied to improve metric variances.
Portfolio management of incoming, in process and completed projects will be central to this position. Utilizing the Global System management systems to ensure work efforts for a particular fiscal year and the link to the business and Global Services strategy and roadmaps to maximize benefits of the investment will be paramount.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Build effective relationship with Business stakeholders
- Align to Business Strategy and actively drive Annual Strategic Planning
- Be familiar with emerging technology and bring solutions to Business and IT/Global Services
- Define and actively bring improvements to IT Services & Capabilities
- Complete roadmaps for businesses leveraging the functional roadmaps as a baseline
- Influence the standardization of technology platforms with functional and architecture leads
- Participate in Global Services Management Systems continuous improvement.
- Ensure Global Services Operations, Project and Portfolio management processes are adhered to.
- Present solutions with solid financial analysis and be able to discuss trade-offs and opportunities
- Escalate issues and provide process first direction in line with Global Service offerings
- As directed andrequired, participate in leadership activities and work across global functional teams
Degree of Accountability: Medium
Eliminating redundant activities and exploiting global platform through the establishment of technology standards and robust application architecture across the enterprise. Driving process simplification, standardization and consolidation in support of innovation strategies. Co-leading organization change management and related activities with business leaders to ensure realization of benefits
Financial Impact: Medium
Execution led by this role will have impact on worldwide strategic planning for revenue and operational excellence.
Up to 1,000,000 expense for a collection of small to medium work efforts across the Franklin Lakes businesses.
Quality Impact: High
Keeping systems validated, warrantied and performing is crucial for the businesses to have the trust that the solutions are not only meeting their benefits but are compliant were needed
Responsibilities: % of Time --- Primary Duty / Responsibility
- 20% -- Manage Business Relationship, Align to Business Strategy, Annual Strategic Planning, Innovate thru Emerging Technology, Define Business Capabilities and Solutions, Define IT Services & Capabilities
- 20% -- Solution and Project Orchestration i.e. Bring right team to the table, Manage Demand; Facilitate Business Case, Oversee Portfolio execution, Facilitate escalated issue & Problem resolution, Financial and Cost Modeling.
- 20% -- Change Management i.e. Manage expectations, Maintain 2-way Communication – good and bad, Manage Service Transition, Assist with Adoption and Benefits Realization, Evangelize Global Services Brand, Performance & Cost Transparency
- 20% -- Global Services technology and process implementations (Windows 10, AirWatch, Automation)
- 20% -- Foundational Operational scorecard oversight and SLA management/escalations (SIAM utilization, HCL and partner mgt.)
Required Skill & Knowledge:
Knowledge & Experience: Experience in Life Sciences (Preferred) -- 10+ years in IT (Required)
Educational Experience: MBA or Masters (Preferred) -- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Account Management and Consulting Skills: business relationship, strategic and thought leader, business understanding, process and technology savvy, cross-functional knowledge, good Interpersonal Skills
Orchestration Skills: understands internal Global Services org and maintains good relationship, portfolio and project management, issue and problem management, financial acumen
Change Management Skills: good communication, organization change management, conflict management, knowledge of IT services & products,
Foundational Skills: including people leadership skills including the ability to lead and manage resources remotely; strong communication & presentation skills; conflict management; influencing and negotiation skills, dealing with ambiguity, listening; process management; project management; incident & change management skills, SDLC methodology